Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2007, 09:39 AM

I saw this on another site, in reference to not being able to tender into Labadee. I was just wondering if there was any truth to this?

The kicker is, our in-the-know table mates (did I mention that they were heavy tippers and they learned all sorts of "stuff" from the crew) came to dinner that night and told us they had some "dirt" for us: that they had learned from the crew that yes, the seas that day had been choppy and the wind was strong--but that didn't seem to stop the Radiance from letting HER passengers go in to shore at Labadee, while we Freedom passengers were stuck with another sea day (and not enough deck chairs!). Our dinner mates said that they had been told that only one RCL ship could utilize Labadee at a time, and the ships are rotated there, DESPITE the misleading itineraries published by RCL. Again, if anyone can confirm this it would be most helpful.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-03-2007, 09:39 AM

I saw this on another site, in reference to not being able to tender into Labadee. I was just wondering if there was any truth to this?

The kicker is, our in-the-know table mates (did I mention that they were heavy tippers and they learned all sorts of "stuff" from the crew) came to dinner that night and told us they had some "dirt" for us: that they had learned from the crew that yes, the seas that day had been choppy and the wind was strong--but that didn't seem to stop the Radiance from letting HER passengers go in to shore at Labadee, while we Freedom passengers were stuck with another sea day (and not enough deck chairs!). Our dinner mates said that they had been told that only one RCL ship could utilize Labadee at a time, and the ships are rotated there, DESPITE the misleading itineraries published by RCL. Again, if anyone can confirm this it would be most helpful.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-03-2007, 09:43 AM
Stacies1011 I see you will be coming back when I am leaving May 6th I hope you have a wonderful time I hope we can compare notes about the GOOD things because i have seen enough negative things I think it is time for some good reports.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-04-2007, 10:55 AM

Labadee could never handle two ships. Too bad you missed going to Labadee, it's a great beach day.

Sonny
Old 04-04-2007, 11:54 AM

Sonny,

So based on your reply, I would take it that what Stacieg1011 posted is true. Some ships may actually miss out on Labadee. Is there some site where one can determine which ships are due in which ports on which days?

Thanx,
Erika
Mariner - Western - May 2007
Mariner - Eastern - March 2008
Old 04-04-2007, 12:19 PM

I didn't miss Labadee yet. I was there last year on the Mariner and I loved it. I am leaving April 29 on the Freedom and was looking forward to going back there. So I really hope that there are no mix ups and we miss this port. The person that wrote that did not have anything good to say about the trip on the Freedom. I think they are one of those people that are never pleased. I am ready to go today! If only I could hide away and join Spirtfilled for another week

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-04-2007, 03:50 PM

Birdlady,
If it's on your itinerary you'll be going there. Labadee is owned by RCCL and there shouldn't be any mix up on which ship should be there. Now there is a zip line which should be a blast to ride or even just watch. I was there in March and watched the contractor testing it. He told me it would be in operation by April.

Sonny
Old 04-04-2007, 08:16 PM

SonnyV,
will there be an extra charge for this zip line. If yes, How much? It sounds like fun
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Sovereign of the Seas 2/08
Enchantment of the Seas 4/08
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-04-2007, 08:41 PM

Yes there will be a charge. I don't know how much, but I'm guessing around $75. It's suppose to be the longest zipline in the world.

Sonny
Old 04-05-2007, 06:58 AM

Sonny you just made my grandson 1 happy kid!
ZIPLINE!!!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
labadee, truth