Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2006, 12:42 PM

We will be sailing for the first time w/ RCCL,on Enchantment next week. Our first cruise was Disney Wonder, and just wondering what is expected clothing-wise in the restaurants on Enchantment.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:37 PM

Love2 -

First - you'll love the enchantment. My family sailed her last August for our first ever cruise - and we became instant fans.

As I understand it, the dress requirements in the dining room is basically the same on all R.C. ships - and other cruise lines.

We were on a 7-night cruise that had two formal and one semi-formal nights. The others were casual - or "smart casual" is what I believe the term in.

For the formal nights, most the gentlemen where is suits (like me). A stay tux or so - but very rare. The informal nights were basically docker pants, polo / golf shirts, and jacket. Casual nights I eliminated the jacket.

For women, most of the ladies wore nice dresses on the formal nights, slacks on semi-formal, and more casual pants for the other nights.

With that said, there were those who were less formal on the formal nights, and very casual (jeans or shorts) on the casual nights. While this may be discouraged, I didn't see anyone tossed out for what they wore. I think it becomes more a peer pressure thing, and whether or not you wish to stand out.

THe Windjammer is always casual.

There is also a themed dinner restaurant that requires reservations and cost $20 per person (I think). Cruising with children, we did not venture into there. I honestly don't know what the dress requirement is for that. My guess is, semi-formal attire is probably strongly encouraged.

Hope this helps.

Enchantment - August 2005
Old 06-07-2006, 07:08 PM
The Specialty Restaurant on the Enchantment is the Chops Grille-an absolutely fabulous steak house with a $20 per person cover charge-Smart Casual clothing is always in fashion on RCL-I just did Enchantment in Dec 2005-and loved her with the stretch!!
Old 06-10-2006, 02:43 PM

just got off enchantment 6/5/06...
GREATTTTTTTT CRUISE

you will love it!

The only thing i didnt like was the rocking of the boat

Closed Thread

Tags
attire, caribbean, casual, clothing, cruise, dining, dinner, eating, enchantment, food, places, review, royal, seas, seasdinner