Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2004, 11:08 PM

do you have to sign up for the rock climbing wall or can you participate any time??

if i take traveler checks is there any problem getting them cashed on the ship???

is there a safe in the rooms and are the safe?

our room has a 69 foot balcony... is there room for 4 to sit out there or only two at a time?

our room is at the back of the ship ..floor six looking out the back... is the ride rougher there?? and is the view good...
sorry ..hope i didn't ask too many questions..
Old 11-05-2004, 11:08 PM

do you have to sign up for the rock climbing wall or can you participate any time??

if i take traveler checks is there any problem getting them cashed on the ship???

our room has a 69 foot balcony... is there room for 4 to sit out there or only two at a time?

our room is at the back of the ship ..floor six looking out the back... is the ride rougher there?? and is the view good...
Old 11-05-2004, 11:40 PM

>>Yes, they take groups of people, at specific times. in my experience, I showed up 15 mins before a scheduled time, and I was fine.

>>> No, not that I've ever had.

>>>Yes, and Yes

>>>69 foot balcony....WOW
(i assume you meant 6x9?) You could "fit" 4 people, but there is only seating for 2, so the other 2 have to stand, with their butts leaning on the rail. Kinda uncomfortable....and with 2 people, it's just enough room.

>>>>Knowing what ship you are on would help better answer this question. Voyager class ships are very stable all around, no matter where you are. However, I have never personally had a room back there, so perhaps someone else could help you with that one.

>>>>no, you didn't. What ship? Where, and when? if you don't mind my asking?

Too Long!

Click here for my website
Old 11-06-2004, 02:09 PM

thankyou for your reply....
I am going to be on the Voyager of the Seas/ December 4/11/04..going to Cozemel..ocho Rios..Labedee..and hopefully Grand Caymen Islands...

ha ha ha..that is what I get for putting the post on when I was sleepy.... The balcony is 69 sq. ft... we have a jr. suite reserved on the 6th floor...
cj
Old 11-06-2004, 04:40 PM

59 square feet is roughly 7 feet by 10 feet, so I would think it might be tight having 4 people at a time lounging on the balcony. There is plenty of space for 4 people to hang out standing along the rail, however.

Tom
Old 11-06-2004, 09:49 PM

I have taken that exact cruise. You 'll LOVE it.

I highly recommend Stingray City (sandbar) in grand Cayman!
Capitan Marvin's is a good choice.

Too Long!

Old 11-07-2004, 09:52 PM

we were on the voyager last february. we had winds up to 50 knots the first couple of days. there were a few people in our group that weren't feeling too good, but overall the ship was fairly stable.
I agree that if you've never been to Stringray City it is not to be missed. We also went with Capt. Marvins, and had an absolutely great time. The crew was very informative, and didn't hound you for a tip (although I don't know how anybody couldn't have tipped them). We were also given two small rum cakes when we got back to the shop. I'm not sure if they always give away the cakes or not, we weren't expecting them.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:03 PM

thankyou for your replies... I will make sure I take the Stingray tour if we get to go to Grand Caymen's.......
I am very excited about going with the Royal Carribean line.. have only been on Carnival cruise's...
Old 11-08-2004, 06:47 AM

Yes you have to sign up because you have to sign a wavier that releases RCI of damages if you are hurt.

They will be more than happy to cash them, just jump in line with the other one hundred folks doing the same thing.

That one is iffy it all depends on if it takes a 4 digit pin on a keypad or if operates off a magnetic stip. If the instructions say you have to use the magnetic strip off of a major card card and that you have to use the same credit card to open it wrong you can use an magnetic strip includeing your seapass.

Cannot answer sorry

This question unfortunately only you can answer. everyone feels the ships motion differntly. But I can tell you it all depends on a lot of factors. (1) You are on the aft part yes you feel motion before others. Your itenerary has a lot to do with it. but most generally the answer is no if your body is generally tolerant to motion you will not feel anything, lets say you are on a 7 night cruise you will not feel anything for the first 6 nights because the stabilizers will be engaged
day 7 hold on, the last day of any cruise because the ship travels so fast to get back home the pull in the stabilizers so the can achieve speed not comfort and yes you will feel motion you may even fall out of you chair but hey thats half the fun is rocking. If you have a good captian he will have a Q&A and will explain how all this works.
Ecstasy ~ 04/03
Norwegian Sky ~ 09/03
Splendour of the Seas ~ 04/04
Rhapsody of the Seas ~ 10/04

Countdown to the Carnival Conquest
Old 11-08-2004, 07:36 PM

ok....I really want to know...how do I get a cool countdown thing for my next cruise. I don't know how.

BC....I also received free rumcakes. Tastydelicious! So I guess the do it all the time.

Too Long!

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, climb, climbing, cruise, groups, names, plan, rock, royal, time, wall