Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2006, 01:47 PM

I am going on the Mariner on June 4th and we are considering several shore excursions....swim with Dolphins, horseback riding, zip lines. I have read that it can be quite a bit cheaper (and a better tour) to book directly with the tour operators. I am worried about what would happen if the ships itenerary was changed (ports cancelled, etc.) Would I lose my money if I didn't book through RCCL? What is the best way to
find tours to book direct?
Thanks,
Trish
Old 03-21-2006, 01:53 PM

My boyfriend and I found last year on our cruise it was cheaper to do things on our own rather than book them through RC. Buy a couple books and do some research before you go. We found the "Fodor's" books to be very helpful.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:45 PM

I always book on line. For example when we went to belize we want to do cave tubing. I did a google search which brought me to the site where I booked the cave tubing. I save $35 per person from the ships tour. Ship tours are usually more crowded. You will love the Mariner! We just got off the Adventure 3 weeks ago. Been on all of the RCCL ships.

Have a great cruise!
Old 03-22-2006, 07:51 AM

Thanks. I think we will book our own tours based on the comments above. Our cruise isn't until June and I can't stop thinking about it already!

Closed Thread

Tags
book, books, caribbean, carribean, cheapest, cl, cruise, excursions, place, royal, rr, rrcl, ships, shore, tours, trips