Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2008, 12:18 PM

Do we have to pay for mini-golf , flo-rider . What about Ben/Jerry's or Johnny Rockets ? Can we eat breakfast / lunch in the main dinning room ? There is a group of us going and I have been put in "charge" .
We will be sailing on "Freedom of the Seas".
Thanks .
Old 04-13-2008, 01:25 PM

Hi mars_65 and welcome to Cruise Chat.

There is no charge for the mini-golf or the FloRider. There is a separate charge for whatever ice cream you buy at Ben & Jerry's, and a charge for Johnny Rockets.

There are several places to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner at no additional charge. You can eat all three meals in the dining room, or at the buffet in the Windjammer Cafe. There are burgers, fries, etc available near the pool at lunch time, too. Freedom of the Seas also has a few free places to eat on the Royal Promenade.

Sandy
Old 04-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Administrator

There is a pizza parlor and a cafe on the promenade with food that is included in your cruise fare. The cafe does have some extra-fee items too. It is open 24/7. The pizza place has more than pizza on the menu.

Not only can you eat breakfast and lunch in the dining room, I urge you do try it - especially for breakfast. Don't become a slave to the buffet!

Rockets has a $4.95 per person cover charge. For this you can eat all you want. They do have some ice cream specialties that cost extra but I've never seen a reason for getting them. They'll shower you (not literally) with onion rings and fries and frankly over-feed you. I once had a waitress make a mistake on the order and she brought me a double order of everything! I think I skipped dinner that night.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:18 PM

And lastly, Ben & Jerry's is not the only choice for ice cream. There are self serve soft serve ice dispensers on th epool deck on most of the RCCL ships. This is free. My kids tried to recoupe the cost of the cruise with free ice cream cones.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013

Closed Thread