Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2004, 06:58 PM

Nancy, I just read your post and am laughing out loud. Like you don't treasure lounge chairs with sun exposure more than your most valued possessions.

OK, here is the way to accommodate a group by the pool. Do as Nancy says, but make sure it is in the front row by the elevated pool seats. Most group members would rather stop by for a visit than bake in the sun for the entire day. Get some lounge chairs situated so that other folks can visit without using a lounge chair. The elevated teak platform that surrounds the pool is excellent for this.

Then, if your group is growing, find a lounge chair when someone vacates it and have it brought over to your location. you can easily grow you group space in this fashion.

I agree with everyone about Royal Caribbean's towel policy...it works to your advantage around the pool.

Have a Great cruise!

Tom

Also,
Old 11-10-2004, 08:58 PM

Yes I have never had a problem finding deck chairs on RCI. Even the new comfy deck chairs with pillows, but yes there is definately a problem on Carnival.
Ecstasy ~ 04/03
Norwegian Sky ~ 09/03
Splendour of the Seas ~ 04/04
Rhapsody of the Seas ~ 10/04

Countdown to the Carnival Conquest
Old 11-12-2004, 05:57 PM

Thanks Tom & Nancy......great advice!
I would not have thought to stick to the front row, due to the congestion of the traffic flow. I will use your advice on that one.
I am glad to hear that RCCl might just have a better set up with the lounge chair "saving".
Having only cruised once before, and that cruise was also during spring break...we found much frustration onboard carnival regarding this.
Have also never cruised with a group before, so I am sure this may be somewhat complicating as well. everyone's suggestions have been very enlightning......Thanks!!
Old 11-12-2004, 06:30 PM

You are quite welcome. Well, since Tom ratted me out, at least you can rest assured that our suggestions have been tried, tested and proven to work. Tom and I are both avid sun worshippers, and as frequent cruisers have found ways to feed our habit within the confines of cruise lines requested protocol. Have fun and let us know if you discover any new techniques on your cruise.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-14-2004, 11:00 AM

having just returned from a cruise two weeks ago, I understand where jmsettles is heading. We are avid sun worshippers and try to get the most out of those at sea days as we can. We usually travel just my husband and me but the last two cruises we took the kids and in-laws as well (kids are 16 and 19 year old girls so you KNOW where they "NEED" to spend their time...). One of the biggest issues we talked to the girls about was to get up early and get breakfast around 7:00am or so. They really needed to be at the chairs by 8:30 if they wanted lounge chairs. They can catch up on their sleep all day rather then sleep in. When there were 6 of us, we never had a problem finding all 6 chairs pool side... upper or lower deck. Naturally we'd go up and throw our stuff on the chairs first while they made themselves beautiful but they were always down within 15 minutes. On the princess lines, all the chairs have lables that say not to leave chairs empty (or claimed) for more then 30 minutes. People watch this! and have no problem moving items and planting themselves in the chair instead. So be considerate, let your friends claim their own chairs if they want them early in the morning. Then there shouldn't be any mid morning arguments about missing stuff. I can't say I like the RCL policy about being charged for missing towels. Who's going to want to pay that fine? I can see kids (or young adults) swipping someone's towel while they are swimming just so they don't come up empty handed then.

Old 11-14-2004, 01:35 PM

I am not sure that anyone has actually been charged for a lost towel, but it has really cut down on the lounge chairs appearing occupied when someone has vacated for the day and left their towels for someone else to pick up.

Tom
Old 11-14-2004, 02:45 PM

I do know people that have been charged for towels. I do not know if this happens as policy or if the situations I am aware of were just random, but friends have been charged at the end of the cruise.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, chair, chairs, cruis, cruise, find, lounge, pool, poolside, private, springs, time