Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2004, 01:30 PM

We are cruising with a group of 26 for a spring break cruise onboard the Radiance of the Seas., and was just wandering if anyone might have a suggestion on how to WIN the lounge chair race in the mornings and maybe even get a group of 4 or more chairs together?
We have cruised before, and noticed that this same group of 5-8 people always managed to get lounge chairs together by the pools, and wondered if just maybe they knew something we didn't know! I am sure that with this cruise being spring break, that we will be having the morning race on sea days to get those lounge chairs, and I was hoping to be able to get one step ahead of the "race plan"
My thought was that maybe that group that stayed together on our last cruise just might have known the right person to slip an extra gratuity to to maybe have lined this service up for them, could I be right?, and If so who is that right person??
I realize that it is difficult to travel with a large group, and expect to be able to stay together, but we are just trying to gather as much info as possible to help us to better plan our cruise.....
Old 11-07-2004, 01:30 PM

We are cruising with a group of 26 for a spring break cruise onboard the Radiance of the Seas., and was just wandering if anyone might have a suggestion on how to WIN the lounge chair race in the mornings and maybe even get a group of 4 or more chairs together?
We have cruised before, and noticed that this same group of 5-8 people always managed to get lounge chairs together by the pools, and wondered if just maybe they knew something we didn't know! I am sure that with this cruise being spring break, that we will be having the morning race on sea days to get those lounge chairs, and I was hoping to be able to get one step ahead of the "race plan"
My thought was that maybe that group that stayed together on our last cruise just might have known the right person to slip an extra gratuity to to maybe have lined this service up for them, could I be right?, and If so who is that right person??
I realize that it is difficult to travel with a large group, and expect to be able to stay together, but we are just trying to gather as much info as possible to help us to better plan our cruise.....
Old 11-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Banned

It sounds as if you want to become another group of inconsiderate cruisers that hogs all of the lounge chairs by the pool and seats in the theater. What is so great about being by the pool anyways? Why not get a group of chairs at another part of the deck?
Old 11-07-2004, 06:21 PM

that is not the case at all..........I have never cruised before with a group, and was just hoping that maybe we could get a few lounge chairs together to be able to enjoy each others company while out on our "out to sea days".

On our last cruise during spring break {onboard Carnival} I was just amazed by the ratio of lounge chairs to guests...I was always solo laying poolside, because of the chair situation.
There just seems like there must be a better way to manage this problem. I was very frustrated to see the beach towels on the chairs for hours at a time, with nobody actually even occupying the chairs.........now that is what I would call an "inconsiderate cruiser"
I enjoy my time poolside with friends onboard a cruise ship........what could be better????
Old 11-08-2004, 03:49 AM

jmsettles,

do you expect to find a large number of my fellow countrymen onboard, or why are you asking?

Raoul Fiebig

Old 11-08-2004, 05:57 AM
Banned

I am not one to travel in a group but if I were to get a group together for a cruise I would book the largest suite on the ship and then get the rest of the rooms in the lowest category possible. We could then all hang out in the suite and have our privacy and private parties. Some of the suites have their own hot tub (not a bathtub with jets), piano etc.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:34 AM

Thanks for your advice RIDGID on the suite, however I plan on spending very little time in my cabin...no matter how big it is. I will be soaking up all of the sun that I possibly can while cruising the caribbean!!
Did you find on your recent cruise that when you are out to sea, that the lounge chair situation is crazy?
I am only trying to get advice that maybe I am not aware of on how possibly to make the best of the pool-side days so that I won't have to be soaking up the sun amongst total strangers. Now I am not saying that strangers are bad, I do enjoy meeting new people, just trying to relax with a few friends is all!!
Old 11-09-2004, 08:58 PM

Royal Caribbean has instituted a rather unique policy to help with this problem. At the beginning of your cruise, you are issued a (1) towel per guest. They are on your bed in the stateroom with a note that says if they are not returned, you will be charged 20bucks. Because of this policy, there are MANY less "ghost sunbathers" out on deck, as people don't want to loose their towel, and get knocked for $20. I have never (in 3 rccl cruises) had a problem finding 4 chairs together in the pool area.

Too Long!

Click here for my website
Old 11-10-2004, 01:43 PM

Thank you for that bit of info.
I have never cruised RCCL, and was hoping that maybe someone would have some insight on this., we are cruising spring break, and we know the ship is totally booked...so hopefully we will find the same with not having a problem with this matter. Have you ever cruised a major holiday season & noticed the same situation with the chairs??
I just remember Carnival having a big problem with the towels on the chairs to save them, and nobody would show up for hours to claim their "saved" chairs.........VERY frustrating!
Old 11-10-2004, 02:35 PM

Giventofly is right. The new policy that Royal Caribbean has presently in place seems to have eliminated the bulk of the lounge chair blues.

But, on sea days during holiday breaks - poolside lounges can still be a hot commodity. Many "groups" do work as a tandem team to score the "best seats in the house". One of the couples rises early (before the breakfast crowd) and occupies a couple of seats and saves a couple more. Then, when the later arriving couple appear - the early risers head off to breakfast, leaving couple two to save the spots. Spelling each other they can spend the bulk of the hot peak hours together enjoying the sun. (Not that I am well versed in the practice mind you - I have just witnessed the morning ritual on frequent cruises).

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, chair, chairs, cruis, cruise, find, lounge, pool, poolside, private, springs, time