Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2007, 06:40 PM

Hi all, We're considering a 9 day cruise in May, 2008 on the Explorer of the Seas. There are 8 of us and we'll be getting balcony rooms. We'll be leaving from NJ. Any suggestions as to where we should try to get our rooms? We've never sailed on RC before but have been on Carnival Conquest and Glory and enjoyed both of these. I'm excited to try RC.

Also, are the balconies private? Thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments you have to offer.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:58 PM

We sailed last year on the Explorer and will probably do so again next June or July. While we had a category F larger sized out board cabin (211 Sq Ft) with a huge porthole overlooking the bow on deck 10, our Neice had I believe a category D-1 Balcony on deck 8. It's balcony was what I would consider private and the cabin measured 185 Sq. Ft.

I would be most surprised if you were not stunned not only by her size but with her amenities. To learn all about her and her sisters, you should log on to Voyager-Class.com. That site will absolutely blow you away and you can find out virtually any conceivable thing you wish to learn about the ship -- not to mention that by frequently visiting that site, you'll certainly not have to worry about getting lost when you eventually board her.

Have a fantastic cruise!
Old 06-11-2007, 07:40 PM

Thanks so much. I'll check that site out.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:43 PM
We were on the Voyager of the Seas in March and what a GRAND ship she was....so much to do and so little time to get it all in....We had and outside Window and it was still plenty of space...Have a GRAND time...

Bob E
Old 06-11-2007, 08:31 PM

Hello MrDarcy, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Yes, the balconies are private. My favorite balcony locations are the "HUMP", which is where the cabins cantilever out, and the back of the ship. Actually, I'm happy with any balcony cabin. I was on the Explorer in April and had a Junior Suite; we really loved it. Are the 8 all your family? If so, you can request ajointing rooms.

Sonny
Old 06-12-2007, 05:54 AM

Hi Mcdarcy I am going on exploer in may also. What date are u going

Caribbean Hotel Links
Old 06-12-2007, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Voyager-Class.com
Is the Serenade of the Seas a voyager-class ship? I'm new to RC and am trying to figure out best deck for an oceanview cabin. Any insider tips? Thanks.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:18 AM

Thanks everyone,

Sonny, yes, we will be with our three grown children. Our oldest is married and the other two have GF and BFs. We don't necessarily need joining rooms but we want them very close.

Dsan, we are looking at May 22. Our DD will be graduating from college on the weekend of the 10th.

The kids were on aft balconies on our last cruise and they enjoyed this. I didn't like that others could look down onto their balcony though. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how these are laid out on this ship.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:52 AM

One more question, please. Do the elevators being so close to the hump area make a difference as far as noise is concerned? And can you see around the hump if you're directly behind it? Sorry if these sound silly. Okay, so that was two questions.

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, cabin, carnival, conquest, suggestion