Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2008, 09:37 AM

Does anyone know if the watrpark facilities are close to the pier, or do you have to take a taxi? Is this something we can do without booking a formal excursion through the cruise line?
Old 05-06-2008, 09:45 AM

You take tenders from the ship & all your beaches, shopping, waterparks are right there.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-06-2008, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Does anyone know if the watrpark facilities are close to the pier, or do you have to take a taxi? Is this something we can do without booking a formal excursion through the cruise line?
Labadee is a private beach resort owned by Royal Caribbean. There are no taxis or private excursions. Every tour has to be bought from the cruise line. There is a native market where you can buy junk souvenirs sold by the Haitians. I avoid it since they tend to maul you as you walk through. There are three picnic areas where they serve the barbecue lunch. They also have bars set up and servers walk around selling drinks. There are several open trolley cars pulled by tractors that shuttle people around the resort. For perspective, look at the messages posted here . In particular, look at the google earth photo and the map of Labadee.

They essentially move the ship to the beach for a day of fun in the sand and sun. It is a beautiful place.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Administrator

To answer your other question - you have to buy a ticket to use the Aqua Park and this includes one hour of usage for most of the stuff, but the slide can be used all day. Look here for the details. It is $30 per person.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:09 PM
I didn't think we would like Labadee when we were there last year...I usually don't like just sitting on a beach...WRONG...it was a great day of relaxation, good food, and a funtime walking around....the local Flea Market is a scary place so we spent about 15 seconds there....too much push and pulling to have you look at some things that they were all selling..not really a lot of homemade stuff...
Just relax and enjoy a day of just relaxing:-)

Happy Sailing....Oh there is a zipline if you are so inclinded to be adverturous...

Bob E
Old 05-06-2008, 02:03 PM

Yep, Labadee is great and you will be able to sit there and admire your beautiful ship as you play on the beach. Less than a 1/4 mile away.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 05-06-2008, 02:06 PM

My daughter recenlty was in Haiti on a missions trip. The trip took the just outside of Labadee. You would not understand the poverty and lack of basic needs such as food and water unless you were there. I would encourage you to visit the flea market and be as generous as you can. This is their life line. I wish I could write something to make you understand.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I would encourage you to visit the flea market and be as generous as you can. This is their life line. I wish I could write something to make you understand.
Sorry, but I don't need to be put on a guilt trip over this. I give to charities. I give money to the roving musicians at Labadee. RCI hires locals to work there, which adds to the local economy.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:34 PM

My question though, is this - is this the type of thing where I have to buy an excursion for the whole family, or can I just but 2 tickets for the kids while my husband and I watch from the beach?
Old 05-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
- is this the type of thing where I have to buy an excursion for the whole family, or can I just but 2 tickets for the kids while my husband and I watch from the beach?
You don't have to buy tickets for the whole family. The kids can do it while you watch, as long as they meet the minimum criteria for size and can swim.

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, buy, caribbean, carribbean, excursion, google, labadee, map, port, rccl, royal, sit, taxi, tour, trolley