Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2005, 07:29 PM

I've booked a three night cruise on the Monarch of the Seas out of Los Angeles for May 6th. This will be our 5th cruise on Royal Caribbean. Every other cruise on RCL has been a 7 day cruise. We're planning on taking another RCL cruise before the end of the year. We're taking this one to complete our 5th RCL cruise so that when we take our late autumn cruise (our 6th cruise), we will be upgraded from Crown and Anchor Gold to Platinum members and enjoy the extra platinum perks. That's why I'm calling this our "means to an end" cruise.

This is our 1st 3 night cruise. Can any experienced cruisers out there tell me what we'll be looking at? My wife and I are 53 years old. I'm assuming a weekend crowd will be a lot younger than a 7 day cruise crowd.

Since this is only a 3 night cruise, we're going on this as cheap as we can. We have a guaranteed interior category Z cabin. Looking at the RCL web site, it says the cabin is 121 square feet. That will definitely be the smallest cabin we've ever stayed in.

We’re planning on flying into LAX. Does anyone know if any kind of shuttle transportation is provided from the airport to the dock without having to make reservations? Also, when the ship comes back Monday morning, is there any transportation back to the airport? It looks like there is some shuttle company called Prime Time Shuttle that charges approx $32 but you have to make reservations to use them.

Any information on the ship or the transportation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:38 PM

First of all, you folks will have a great time. I would go ahead and book the transfer in advance because San Pedro is quite a ways from LAX. A taxi would cost considerably more and a car rental would also require paying for parking at the port, as there is no free parking anywhere close by.

Ensenada is a fun port to visit. Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 04-01-2005, 11:41 AM

Hi tim,
I am also booked on the monarch on a different sailing, I called RCCL today about transfers and they said you can buy them for $45 pp round trip from Lax to the pier.

Closed Thread

Tags
category, guaranteed, monarch, reviews, seas