Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2007, 09:26 PM

I am considering my very first cruise ever. Sovereign of the Seas has some really great specials going on right now to Cococay and Nassau. I have read several mixed reviews about the ship and so I thought I would come here and hear what some more experienced cruisers have to say. Any thoughts you can offer would be appreciated - anything from the room size to the entertainment to the food. I welcome any feedback as to whether or not I should take this cruise or look elsewhere. Thank you for your help
Old 08-31-2007, 10:25 PM

Hello cruisingnewbie, welcome to Cruise-Chat. The Sovereign is a great ship for your very first cruise. I was on her just two weeks ago. The food and entainment was great. The ship is like new, one would never know she's 20 years old. I also sailed on her last summer and noticed how friendly the staff was. CocoCay is a great place to spend a day. It's their private island and it's really beautiful. I would suggest you go to the Atlantis while in Nassau. If you would like to see some pictures of our cruise last summer; click HERE and click on "Sovereign of the seas" gallery. Hope this helps.

Sonny
Old 09-01-2007, 05:40 AM

Royal Caribbean is having specials in September for first time cruisers. Ask when you book about the "First time cruiser special". The Sovereign is a nice ship. Enjoy!
Old 09-01-2007, 10:31 AM

Consider yourself duly warned. Cruising is addictive. AND you will absolutely feel ANY stress you may have felt on shore just ease away.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:48 PM

Thank you for the feedback. Sonny, your pictures are really great! The make the experience feel all the more real for me. Thank you for sharing them.

Cruise fanatic, I asked about the 1st timers special and it basically allows us to become Gold Members in Crown Anchor before completing our first cruise. I don't really know what that means so if someone can explain that would be great.

We are tentatively booked on Level 6 of the Sovereign of the Seas and I wanted to find out if Level 6 is a good level or not. It is an oceanview suite which I know is a good thing but was curious about noise above and below. Thank you all for your help. I really appreciate more than I can say.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:07 PM

As far as noise above and below, no one can tell you exactly unless they look at the deck plan and know your cabin number. However, to check for yourself,a good rule of thumb is to just make sure you have staterooms, rather than dining or other public areas, both above and below you.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Yes you will become addicted....for sure....The Atlantis is Nassau is a must.....and of course all the shopping......Have a Grand First Cruise....

Bob E
Old 09-01-2007, 06:03 PM

The First Time Cruiser specials are suppose to have special prices starting at $53 a day. The Gold Crown & Anchor membership means you will get some special benefits look here
Old 09-04-2007, 05:36 PM

Cruisingnewbie-
Check out the link that was in the above post
Specifically you will get an invitation to a Welcome Back party for Crown and Anchor members one evening, a coupon book on the first night which has lots of coupons (this is dependent on your ship and it's ammenities), and gift towards the end of the cruise. The gifts we have received in the past are bags with the name of the ship (got two different styles) and an embroidered toiltries bag. In my opinion, very night gifts.

Closed Thread