Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2007, 11:30 AM

Has anyone been on the Grandeur since it has been in drydock? Just curious how it looks? Also do the category "K" (large inside stateroom) have a safe and refridgerator in them?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-07-2007, 11:30 AM

Has anyone been on the Grandeur since it has been in drydock? Just curious how it looks? Also do the category "K" (large inside stateroom) have a safe and refridgerator in them?

<edit to add space between Grandeur and of in title>

Old 07-07-2007, 11:32 AM

Well, I'll be taking my second cruise on Grandeur of the Seas here in 20 or so days, so I'll tell you all about it then if you want.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:52 AM

We are not going until Apil of 08 but I am just curious on how she looks. I know it is an older ship but was just wondering what they did to the Grandeur when she was in drydock in March.

Old 07-07-2007, 01:30 PM

Well, I went last summer around this time, and although it was before the drydock, it was still a beautiful ship. The entire ship seems to be brighter than most others, mostly because of the abundant windows and such. Although it doesn't have many of the newer features, it still was a blast, enough to warrant another trip. When I was on the ship last summer, there was a giant dent in the ship, on the waterline below the front of the ship. Perhaps that was the reason for the drydock, but that certainly is a long time to wait.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:09 PM

That is one of the things they were going to do when it was dry docked - fix the dent. We have been on other RCL ships - Adventure, Explorer, Splendor and Majesty. I know this isn't like the first 3 but the price was right on the cruise we are taking.

Old 07-07-2007, 07:38 PM

Man, I'm jealous. I've only been on Grandeur of the Seas and Nordic Empress (or is it Empress of the Seas now?). Eventually, I want to go on one of the mega freedom-class ships, but we had so much fun on Grandeur of the Seas and the price was so reasonable, we just had to give it another go. Plus, it's going North now, not to the Caribbean. I'll tell you if I notice any differences in the ship since it's post-drydock.

Closed Thread

Tags
dock, dry, grandeur, seas