Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2006, 04:29 PM

RC has just announced that an Everlast Boxing Ring and Life Fitness Peak PilateSystem studio are just some of the new additions to look forward to on the Freedom of the Seas. Check out the whole story on our Cruise News Blog.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-09-2006, 07:26 PM

Nancy, Royal Caribbean just cracks me up with their innovations. I can't imagine what the new "Genesis" class of ships will offer. I am guessing;

Motorcross
Monster Truck Events
Mountain Bike Racing
A Complete Football Stadium
A Baja 1000 Offroad Desert Race
Trophy Whitetail Deer Hunting
NASCAR Racing
Baseball
A Complete 18-Hole (Multi-Deck) Golf Course
An Archery Range
Ski Jumping and Downhill Ski Racing
Fly Fishing in Brooks, Streams and Lakes Stocked with Trout. (You could catch your dinner for an outdoor specialty restaurant.)
Competitive Trophy Bass Fishing Tournaments
Drag Racing.
A 10K Fun Run
Wilderness Hiking Trails

I just don't know. What do you think?

Tom
Old 02-09-2006, 09:19 PM

You forgot the horse jumping, and horse races with real horses! Forget those wooden replicas.

Sandy
Old 02-10-2006, 02:41 AM

Tom,

are you sure everything was okay with your dinner last night?!?

By the way, one of those pipedream projects ("Freedom Ship" & Co.) - I think it was the so-called "Alice Project" - was to have a waterski "pond" onboard.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 02-10-2006, 03:44 AM

I like Tomīs proposals.

I couldnīt believe what I read about the Boxing Ring on the Freedom. But maybe itīs not such a bad idea, for those passengers, who are getting aggresive. Why not fighting with other passengers???

Tom, you forgetful person, what about the cap for the C-C Spirit Award Winner. My DH is still waiting. Will you give it to him personally when we are in San Diego for an overnightstay, before starting to Hawaii? Why not!!!
Never got an answer to my emails, bad guy.

Best regards

Marita

Old 02-10-2006, 06:58 AM

Marita,
I am sure it was just an oversight on Tom's part (definitely not intentional). But, I am glad you brought it to our attention.

As for innovations on ships: Tom I love your list!! But, having read the press release from NCL about the 4 lane bowling alley on the new Pearl and just watching the ladies perform on the trapeze suspended over the pool on the Jewel during GMA's "Girl's Week" aboard - there is NO telling what we might find on ship's in the future.

Hmm, maybe cruise lines should just invest in their own airlines (cutting out the middle man), build full landing runways and fly passengers directly onto the ship. That would really make it a total travel package. The cruise could even be sold in varying segments.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-10-2006, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Hmm, maybe cruise lines should just invest in their own airlines (cutting out the middle man), build full landing runways and fly passengers directly onto the ship. That would really make it a total travel package.
That has already been tried. It's called an aircraft carrier!

Sandy
Old 02-10-2006, 07:57 AM

Marita, I am sorry you did not receive it. I have sent it months ago via USPS Global Priority mail....and yes, let me know what hotel and date that you are in San Diego and I will gladly see that a couple of caps are waiting for you.

Marita (and everyone) Regarding e-mail. I suspect that you are referring to "private messages" rather than e-mail? Here is the deal. Whenever anyone uses private messaging on C-C and hits the "send" button, rather than the "post" button, it is delivered to me as a private message. This is a function of the Groupee community because I am the base Administrator. I get between 10 and 25 of them a day and have given up trying to chase them down and simply ignore (delete) them.

The private messaging feature of Groupee Community works well for everyone, except me. Please do not private message me, but send a regular e-mail to CruiseReviews at aol.com (format like a regular e-mail address). I access this account several times a day and will be quite responsive.

Marita I sincerely apologize for your perception of my responsiveness and hope this sheds a little light on it.

Tom
Old 02-10-2006, 11:56 AM

Don't feel bad Marita, He ignores my questions too. Old California Surfers never die, they just slow down and get forgetful.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:42 PM

Okay Tom,

we stay in the Best Western Bayside Inn for one night, from saturday, may 6th to sunday may 7th.
Then our cruise with the Radiance start.
We will be together with friends of us, a couple we met on the Jewel and we became friends and this will be our third cruise together.
Another german couple, we met on the Brilliance and have been our tablemates heard about us on the german board and we got in contact again.
Now Iīm arranging independant tours for us on the Hawaiian islands.

Tom, Iīm not mad about you, I know, youīre a very busy man.

Marita

Closed Thread