Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 05:34 AM

When I went to check-in online there was other options available ,there is 10 of us sailing on liberty we have my time dining which I thought would let you eat at any time but now I'm not so sure. Do you think the soada package would be worth it for 6 teenagers ? any sugestions on what I should prebook would be appreciated.Do you book to see the theatre shows now or when you get on board .We are sailing from Miami and I would like to get on board as soon as we can what time would you recommend we arrive at the pier?
Old 02-22-2010, 06:07 AM
I'm going on Liberty in September with also 10 family members. MY suggestions would be to pre-book any excursions that you really want to do. I understand that sometimes they are cheaper when you get ashore and buy the trip locally, but I fear being left on the island should a local trip be late returning to the ship. If it's done through the cruise line, the ship will not leave you behind. I also like to book any special meals at Chopps or Portfinos before getting to the ship. I don't know how much soda the kids will drink, but it will probably be about $45 per kid for the week, and no, they cannot use the others card to cut costs. They'll each get a small drink cup to use and just present their sea pass card with the drink stamp on it, and they'll get some soda.I believe theather shows and the ice show tickets can be received on board (no costs).
We plan on arriving at the ship around 11-that time has been good in the past on our other cruises on Mariner. Boarding goes kinda fast, so plan on lunch on the ship at Windjammer, and have a great time!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:04 AM

Thanks jim1012
I will take a look at the shore excursions have already booked dolphin swim in Mexico with shoretrip ? do you bother booking a time to dine for dinner when there is so many of you for seating ? plan on having an early start to our first cruise so will try to be at pier by 11 am thanks aussie ann
Old 02-22-2010, 07:05 AM

Aussie Ann
The My Time Dining does let you eat dinner whatever time you choose. I believe the My Time Dining room is open from 5:30PM-9:30PM (times will be listed in the Compass). With a party of ten I would suggest you make a reservation for whatever time you want to eat each night. Without a reservation you could have a wait if you just showed up. Even if all ten of you weren't eating together, it is recommended to make reservations for the time you desire.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:30 PM

Dear Aussie Ann

Book the specialty restaurants on line if you really want a special date and time because these restaurants are small and they fill up fast. If you wait until you are on board, you will be out of luck. Secondly, the ice skating show is a not to be missed event. They will announce the time and location for the giveaway of tickets. Usually 9 am in the morning outside one of the cafes on the promenade. Please arrive one hour earlier than time announced to get the day and time you want. I think only four shows so this is a must. The other shows or broadway shows I would call them are first come first served in the theatre. Kids did not like the soda packages because they were not pop out of the can but from the bar. TOo much fizz so they did not buy this time. YOu can bring your own pop aboard. We did. NO issues. Brought 12 cans there was no issue. Put in fridge to keep cold.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:37 AM

We were on the Liberty in January. They no longer give out tickets for the ice shows. They offered 5 shows while we were on, and they were packed every time (arrive early).

Arriving early at the terminal to board seemed like the right thing to do for our "first time cruiser" children. However, it was a nightmare when the ship wasn't cleared because of customs from the previous cruise, and we ended up sitting on the floor in the terminal for 3 hours waiting to board!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-24-2010, 03:27 PM

Thankyou All
the information you have given me hase been very helpful

Closed Thread

Tags
book, dining, pre, recommend, show, time