Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2004, 06:28 AM

Be sure to write a review when you get back! We all want to hear how you liked it.

Tom
Old 08-18-2004, 06:54 AM

You have picked a great ship and intinerary for your very first cruise. I wish you nothing but smooth sailing and warm sunny days. Enjoy!
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-20-2004, 10:36 AM

I agree with the poster that said not to buy trinkets at the ports, especially the ones right when you step off the ship. Those are usually owned by the cruiselines or they have a connection to them. The things are overpriced and you can find better prices further into the towns. Forget the cheap t-shirts. They will come apart in a couple of washings. I am not a trinkets person so I liketo take a lot of photos instead. They will last a lifetime!
If you need a haircut, make sure you get one before boarding. My daughter and I had haircuts....$65.00 each!! I learned my lesson after that!
HAve fun and write a review!
Kristy
Old 08-31-2004, 09:48 AM

colette5479

where did you get the cool countdown thingie? I want to put one of those on my website....where'd ya get it!

Too Long!

Click here for my website
Old 09-08-2004, 09:05 AM

I will be looking for more of your input on budgets. I have been reading about bringing our own water? Buying soda cards? Forgive me, but I thought that these trips are supposed to be all-inclusive on food and drinking. Please correct and clarify for me.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:09 AM

Hello,

cruises are not all-inclusive. The food is usually included (with the exception of alternative dining venues on most and room service on some ships).

Most drinks are usually not included, while some beverages (e.g. iced water, iced tea, fruit juices, lemonade, milk etc.) and coffee / tea are often included during mealtimes. On some lines they are also available around the clock at self-service outlets. On most cruise lines (with the exception of the ultra-luxury ones) other drinks are not included.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 09-08-2004, 10:50 AM

Hi Raoul, So if I am sitting by the pool and am really wanting some cold water to drink I won't have to go to my room where I have brought my own bottled water? We aren't heavy drinkers but water, milk and ice tea are in high demand. If I am understanding you correctly. Normal beverages can be gotten at self-service stations (if they have one) and at meal times, which are included.
Thanks!
Old 09-08-2004, 11:38 AM

Hello,

Royal Caribbean does have self-service stations onboard its ships. They are usually located near the buffet restaurant which is not too far away from the pool.

You will be given a combined cabin key / onboard credit card upon embarkation, which is the only way to pay for not-included drinks, shore excursions etc.

You will notice - on all "mass-market" lines - that there are plenty of opportunities to spend money. Personally, I am one of those passengers who spend fairly little onboard, as I do not drink (I have a coke or a non-alcoholic cocktail now and then), nor am I into gambling or shopping. Others on the other hand spend more money onboard than what they paid for the cruise.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 09-12-2004, 05:51 AM

The wife and I have come up with this awesome system. (1) We buy 1 ship t shirt each she buy a spoon for her rack. (2) at each port of call we come to we buy 1 t-shirt each she buys a spoon for her rack (3) We buy our embarkation picture and all of our disembarkation pictures. and everytime we hit Cozumel we consider that money saved.
Ecstasy ~ 04/03
Norwegian Sky ~ 09/03
Splendour of the Seas ~ 04/04
Rhapsody of the Seas ~ 10/04

Countdown to the Carnival Conquest
Old 09-15-2004, 10:25 AM

Tom,

Doesn't the Brillance have an option to purchase a wine "card" or something before you board? My husband and I do drink wine and was interested in saving money buy buying a few bottles from the ship before hand? We cruise on the 12-night Meditteranean on 9-9-2005!!!FIRST CRUISE!

Closed Thread

Tags
budget, budgeting, buying, card, crabbein, cruise, cruising, daily, drink, enchantment, forums, hidden, pass, pitfalls, royal, secret, soda