Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2008, 11:01 AM

Has anyone done the Scuba diving @ Coco Cay and is it worth it or is it just better to rent snorkel equipment for the day? Also anyone who has done the scuba, I read conflicting reports that scuba is 1.5 hours but you can keep the snorkel gear for the rest of the day, right or wrong? Also is Coco Cay really that good or is it overrated?
Old 02-18-2008, 07:11 AM

Hi AJO, welcome to Cruise-Chat. They didn't offer scuba the last time I was on Coco Cay. It is a very nice private island. It's in the Bahamas, Little Stirrup Cay, and has beautiful water and clean white sand. Depending on the dives you have done, would answer your question on is it worth it. If you have done a great number of dives, then probably not. If you enjoy diving, then yes it would be. The coral is nice and the fish are plentiful. I prefer snorkeling now because it is less hassle, but that's my personal preference. Hope you have a marvelous cruise and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 02-18-2008, 08:02 AM

I have been on the Soveriegn 3 times, but because of high winds and rain, I have only been to Cococay once when the weather was nice. (We cruise in January, and if the winds are too high they can't get the tender to the ship, so one of the cruises we didn't get to go at all.) When the weather is nice, the island is paradise. We snorkeled in the morning and laid in the hammocks in the afternoon. The snorkeling was great, but if you go in January, I would definitely recommend paying extra for the wet suit. The air temperature was about 80-85 (F), but the water was pretty cold.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:49 PM

We had a day in Coco Cay while on the Majesty last April. We didn't scuba dive, but did snorkel. We rented our equipment right when we got off the tender and kept it all day. The island is pretty and relaxing- definitely a day to just chill out at the beach. They have sand volleyball courts, a "waterpark" area with floatables for kids (extra fee), a cute shopping area and they set up a wonderful island buffet lunch as well.

The snorkeling area was nice and we even saw a few manatees sunning on the far end of the island (right under the docks) for most of the day!

Booked on:
Adventure OTS, 4/09
Old 02-26-2008, 11:24 AM

I was in Cococay last Sept. & thought it was beautiful! We had our own snorkel gear & we saw several different kinds of fish & some stingrays. One thing to watch for though...jellyfish! We had to dodge them a few times.

Closed Thread

Tags
bahamas, cay, coco, cococay, cruise, dive, diving, evening, morning, review, royal, scuba, snorkel, snorkeling, suit, wet