Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2002, 02:43 PM

Hi -- I have a general question about wave heights in December.

While I know it is impossible to predict the weather so far ahead, I guess I am looking for a general idea of what to expect.

My husband and I took a cruise a few years back in December and I thought it was rough. I didn't get sick, just nervous. My husband was absolutely fine.

We are hoping to take a weekend cruise this December (FL to Bahamas) and I am just trying to reassure myself about what to expect.

If anybody has any experience with cruising those waters in the winter months, I would love to hear from you!

Thanks a lot!
Old 09-11-2002, 02:43 PM

Hi -- I have a general question about wave heights in December.

While I know it is impossible to predict the weather so far ahead, I guess I am looking for a general idea of what to expect.

My husband and I took a cruise a few years back in December and I thought it was rough. I didn't get sick, just nervous. My husband was absolutely fine.

We are hoping to take a weekend cruise this December (FL to Bahamas) and I am just trying to reassure myself about what to expect.

If anybody has any experience with cruising those waters in the winter months, I would love to hear from you!

Thanks a lot!
Old 09-11-2002, 07:24 PM

Hi,

My husband and I went on a cruise last December and it was perfect. We had no problems. We were in the Western Caribbean, so there might be a variation in the bahamas. I looked on the web for sites that gave me the avg weather in December. I'm not sure which one I finally found but I do remember that it was right on. I hope you have a wonderful time.
Old 09-11-2002, 09:30 PM

One thing you can be sure of, is that you can't be sure. Anyone that cruises with some regularity knows that weather is the biggest variable. We've sailed when we thought the weather wpuld be good, and hit a terrific storm, and the opposite has also happened, where it's been calm when you expected rough seas. My advice, prepapre for the worse, and anything better will be better for you. Don't anticipate, as I really believe it makes matters worse. Happy sailing! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2002, 06:17 AM

Hi -- just wanted to say thanks to both of your for your replies! They were helpful and I do hope we can go on the December cruise and I'll plan for the worst but hope for the best!!
Old 09-12-2002, 10:20 PM

Glad we could help. Happy sailing, and fill us all in when you get back.
Old 10-18-2002, 09:59 AM

My best friend and I were on the Majesty 4-day cruise to the Bahamas last December. Seas were great, just a gentle roll lulling us to sleep. We had a blast!
Old 10-18-2002, 03:30 PM
Banned

A lot of the ship's rocking and rolling action depends on the speed of the ship. We were on a southern cruise and the distance between the ports were only a few miles so the ship did not cruise at full speed. Sometimes it seemed as if the ship was sitting still. There seemed to be a lot of ship motion because of this. I don't think that the stabilizers have a chance to work at slow speed. Anyways like Sue says no one can forcast the wave action. You will always get some ship movement but after a few days you get used to it. I think that the motion of the ship is what gives cruising its character; otherwise it would be like staying at a land resort.

Closed Thread

Tags
bahama, carnival, cruise, december, preditiction, waves