Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2007, 06:38 PM
Quote:
original quote by : SailorJack
I know you knew that, but I couldn't resist.
I wasn't sure at the time, if the port side was on the left on the Brilliance of the Seas. Thank you though!
2011 - Navigator of the Seas
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 06-15-2007, 07:16 PM

Cheffy, when you're not sitting still you can see which way you're moving if you can see the water. Guess if you're at port and directionally challenged it wouldn't really help much to see the water.

Those little things like the carpet on Princess and signs on RCI are not always common knowledge for new cruisers. Ever seen the lost souls wandering aimlessly down the halls of the cabin decks and when they get about half way there they stopp and look dazed. Then start wandering the other direction. And I'm not talking about the ones leaving the bars at 2:00am.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tanyababanya:
quote:
original quote by : SailorJack
I know you knew that, but I couldn't resist.
I wasn't sure at the time, if the port side was on the left on the Brilliance of the Seas. Thank you though!

This applies, of course, only on ships operating in the Western Hemisphere. As you know, water and weather goes in the opposite direction in the Southern Hemisphere (ever watch the water in the bathtub go in the opposite direction in Austrailia?) - so the Port side is actually on the right side south of the equator.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-15-2007, 07:37 PM
Neil, your post reminds me of a mind-reader, or "Mentalist", as he billed himself, that did shows on Island Princess eons ago. He was good; we (the band) were on stage behind him night after night and never could figure out his stunts.

But almost every night after the shows, we would find him wandering the halls, looking for his cabin. "Ricky! Ricky! Which way is my cabin?"

Some "Mentalist"!
Old 06-15-2007, 07:39 PM

Jack, you're not right. Someone reading this is going to believe you and think they learned something new.

Still funny.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:41 PM

Rick, I hope before you answered him you put your hand to your head and looked really strained as you mentally located his cabin... then accepted tips.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Nice post, SailorJack;

I especially like the way you put the Western Hemisphere opposite the Southern Hemisphere. This is no doubt the new revisionist geopraphy (?).
Old 06-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Neil, better than a tip, he actually showed us how he did a couple of his stunts; I can't actually DO them, but come on the cruise-chat cruise and I'll tell you about them.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:02 PM

Thanks for the invite. I see it's still a while off and I'm beginning to get the itch to go. I'm just not all that sociable on vacation, I have to deal with people everyday at work. I'll consider it but it's not yet high on my vacation priority list.

There are a few here, you included, I'd love to meet.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Likewise, I'm sure.

You see, the thing is, I deal with people all day-every day too; I'm not in travel but I deal with complaints and problems and have to do it all with a smile and at least act like I give a****! But here, and on vacation, I can be myself; if I don't like what you say I can ignore you; but I think as you can tell from the banter here, a lot of us get along famously--even if we don't always agree. So give it some more thought; I/we would love to see you come along.

Rick

Closed Thread

Tags
blillance, brilliance, caribbean, cruise, funny, hilarious, port, portside, prt, royal, sailorjack, sea, seas, side, speak, starboard