Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2006, 02:55 PM

The Liberty of the Seas seems to have plenty of rooms/suites available even when it is just new. Why is it that Freedom seems to be booking faster? Aren't they the same ship? Anyone have any thoughts on one that might be better?

Old 06-19-2006, 05:05 PM

Well, I'll give my thoughts. Maybe Freedom is booking faster, cause there is advertisement for the Freedom, commercials, etc.... and she is getting all the hype right now. Yes, the Freedom and Liberty are the same class, but the Liberty debuts next summer. I sailed on the inaugural cruise of the Freedom. She is awesome, I LOVE the big ships. I personnally would book whatever ship has the dates and itinerary, and price range I want to do. Either ship is a win-win situation, if you want that class, in my opinion. Good luck. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-19-2006, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lil' Lori:
Well, I'll give my thoughts. Maybe Freedom is booking faster, cause there is advertisement for the Freedom, commercials, etc.... and she is getting all the hype right now. Yes, the Freedom and Liberty are the same class, but the Liberty debuts next summer. I sailed on the inaugural cruise of the Freedom. She is awesome, I LOVE the big ships. I personnally would book whatever ship has the dates and itinerary, and price range I want to do. Either ship is a win-win situation, if you want that class, in my opinion. Good luck. Lil' Lori
Hi! I completely concur with "LL," however not being one for size, I must say that having done one of the two-day inaugs. of Freedom (May 13-15 ex: NYC), I was rather turned-off by the inefficiency of the boarding process (from complete confusion to disorganization). Moreover, I found the quality of food to be on the same par as the level of service -- barely mediocre. In my professional (VIRTUOSO) position, I might recommend that "SUITECRUISER" brace himself for a less than spectacular culinary experience and anticipate lines for the FlowRider (tm), Rock-Climbing Wall, etc. As I am sure I may come across as a wet blanket (and that is NOT my intention), I all-too-often hear people return from this "Big ship" experience with complaints about the food, service, and lengthy lines. Frankly, I would add, one typically goes on vacation in search of something different from daily life -- my opinion is that the benefits of the gimmicky antics provided by RCI can just as easily be obtained at one of the island's resorts!
Bon Voyage,
Richard
Old 06-19-2006, 10:46 PM

I couldn't disagree more with Richard. The voyager class ships are not gimmicky. They are fantastic ships and have so much to offer everyone on board. The food on these ships is very good and the service is outstanding. I am booked on the Freedom of the Seas in Sept of 2007. The only reason we chose the Freeom over the Liberty is because the Freedom was cheaper. We would have gone on either one but eh price was the deciding factor for us. One final note. We have been on the voyager class ships with 4 kids, 3 of which were teens and we never waited in line for anything. Whether it was the rock climbing wall, putt putt golf, or the buffets there was never a waiting line. Obviosly everyone has their own personal preferences but for me you can't beat Royal Caribbeans Voyager class ships!!
Old 06-20-2006, 05:04 AM

Richard, a note about the "inefficiency of the boarding process" on the 2-night inaugural in Bayonne, NJ. Waiting for your number to be called to get onto a tram to go to the ship was unique to Bayonne, and it was a mess for the 4,000 of us waiting. However, the check-in process for the Boston inaugural was much faster and more efficient. In fact, when I showed up at the Black Falcon Terminal, I was directed to a check-in person who had no one else waiting to see her. She looked in the computer, printed a SeaPass card for me, and I walked onto the ship.

I'm told by people who have done a regular cruise on Freedom from Miami that the process was very quick and efficient there, too.

Sandy
Old 06-20-2006, 05:21 AM
Administrator

Yes indeed, the boarding for regular cruises is very efficient. They had a shipload of people for a charity event on the night prior to our inaugural cruise on Freedom who had to be offloaded, so it wasn't as though our situation was unique. And they went to Cocoa Cay so they had to clear customs. Anyway, we arrived at the pier a little after 11am and were in the Windjammer by 11:30. Best embarkation ever!

Closed Thread