Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2006, 10:01 AM

were first time cruisers,and have booked the med classic on the legend in july...with our 16yr old son and 14yr old daughter...and after reading the reviews, it looks like weve made a mistake!one person says its butlins at sea!!!we sail from southampton for 14 days....has anyone done this cruise? if so please tell me some good points!! thankyou in advance.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:24 PM

I wouldn't get too carried away worrying about reviews! We went on the Explorer of the Seas in October last year and were also concerned based on some of the reviews we read. In fact we had the best holiday ever - the food , service , entertainment etc. was all first class. So much so we booked a cruise on the Legend for June whilst still on the Explorer.

I think it's much easier to write about the negatives than the positives. Often the text is mostly negative but then good scores are given. Some people love to complain! Someones advice to us before going on the Explorer was if you go with the attitude that you won't enjoy yourself you won't....

Try reading the review below on cruise critic - hopefully it will cheer you up a bit!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...?EntryID=12182
Old 01-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Administrator

cazz,

I write lots of cruise reviews and I can tell you that in most cases they only reflect what happened on that particular cruise. Rarely can one find a trend which would indicate a pervasive problem. I've seen horrible reviews of ships I had booked, and once I boarded the ship I couldn't find anything wrong. As Ted says - don't worry about it. Enjoy your cruise. And if you want to read a thorough review of the Legend - try this one: Legend Review
Old 01-25-2006, 01:32 AM

Hi!
We sailed on Legend in October 2005 on the transatlantic cruise and it was wonderful. The ship wasn't the newest but it was very lovely. We enjoyed the trip very much and could only congratulate you to this cruise.
Rene
2005 - Legend of the Seas -- Transatlantik
2006 - Voyager of the Seas -- Transatlantik
2008 - MSC Opera -- Nordland
2008 - MSC Orchestra -- Westliches Mittelmeer & Kanarische Inseln
Old 01-25-2006, 11:04 AM

thanks for your comments.....i have strict instructions from my hubby not to read any more reviews!!im sure our cruise will be fantastic,im aware its going to be full of kids....as it is the major summer school holidays...but we shall see!ive heard there can be a problem getting sunbeds on sail days...hmm anyways thanks again, and happy sailin!
Old 01-25-2006, 12:24 PM

One other note -- there are often ways you can mitigate anything you are worried may be a problem.

Lots of kids - stay away from kid friendly zones, set good example with your own kids as applicable, don't be afraid to report infractions or issues you see.

Deck chairs - get up early, get a primo spot (just don't hog it all day). Look around the ship for those places that are partially shaded or just not near the main pool and you'd be surprised of the room you find.

Granted, I've not been on the Legend, but I read similar bad reviews about some ships I've been on and didn't find those issues to be a problem - having a positive attitude will help as well.

RCI Sovereign of the Seas 2005
Caribbean Princess 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Old 01-25-2006, 01:50 PM

Cazz, despite your cruise sailing during holiday time, there may not be as many children, especially young children, as you think. A 14-day cruise in the Med is not typically full of kids no matter when it sails. Plus, the children's program on these ships is so good, even when there are a lot of children, you seldom see them onboard except when a group of "pirates" may be parading from one place on the ship to another, with their counselors.

I suspect the majority of the kids that are on that cruise will be teens, like your kids. They should be able to meet other people their age, which will mean a better time for all of you!

Sandy
Old 01-29-2006, 07:21 AM

Butlins at sea.......no.

That would be Carnival.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cazz:
were first time cruisers,and have booked the med classic on the legend in july...with our 16yr old son and 14yr old daughter...and after reading the reviews, it looks like weve made a mistake!one person says its butlins at sea!!!we sail from southampton for 14 days....has anyone done this cruise? if so please tell me some good points!! thankyou in advance.
A crew member was arrested this weekend for attempted rape of a 22 year old woman from the LOS!
Old 01-31-2006, 05:48 AM

great...but that can happen on any ship,resort,hotel,pub....im afraid thats just the world we live in...sad i know...but this doesnt put me off

Closed Thread