Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2008, 05:47 AM

I just got back last night from the majesty of the seas. I LOVED it!! Had a great time. Does anyone have any questions about this ship?? Lemme know.

My boyfriend was like a kid in a candy store (he is 28). Couldnt believe how big the ship was, and how wonderful and friendly the entire staff was. He ate breakfast 3 times, couldnt believe how good the food was. It was his first cruise, ha ha!! He cant wait to go again.

We had booked an inside cabin on the 6th floor. And, to our surprise we were upgraded for free, to a balcony suite on the 10th floor. The view was magnificent!! Our original inside cabin was an adjoining room with a family that was split up. they wanted our inside room, and we got the balcony. No too bad, huh!!

Cococay was gorgeous. The weather the entire trip was a bit chilly, so we were a bit disappointed with that. We left cococay at 5pm, and wound up getting to Nassau around 11pm that night. Originally we were supposed to get there around 8am the next morning, but there was a medical emergency so the captain sped up the ship to get to Nassau as soon as possible. I just hope and pray that whoever it was, is ok. They let us off the ship at 11pm, and we wound up walking over to Senor Frogs, for a drink and some dancing. Nassau was beautiful. The Soveriegn of the seas was docked as well as a Carnival Cruise too.

We took a taxi ($4 dollars!! cheap!) to the Atlantis the next day. By the way, dont book the 100 dollar Atlantis excursion that lets you get on the beach at the Atlantis. Cabbage Beach is a public beach and its free. All you have to do is get yourself by taxi to the Atlantis, walk towards the Beach Towers and walk out the doors, and look for a hotel called the "Riu" You can get onto the beach from this hotel for free. The Atlantis charges about 109 bucks for a day pass to get on the same beach, and basically all you do is "walk" through their doors to get to the beach - thats it! You can rent jet skis and parasail for about 50 bucks but RC suggests you dont use the independant vendors. Also, check out the aquarium at the Atlantis too. That was great..

Anyway, we had a great time. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message.

Enjoy!!
Old 01-29-2008, 07:37 AM

Great review cruise chick, so glad you enjoyed yourselves ! Just shows although there were some changes, upgrade to balcony, ports changed to accomadate another passenger, you made the best of every situation. Welcome to the cruise lovers club, and so glad your hubby joined us too, are you booking your next one yet ?? LOL
Admiral-1988
Monarch of the Seas-1993
Song of America-1994
Majesty of the Seas-1995
Splendour of the Seas-1996
CCL Destiny-1997
Empress of the Seas-1998
Rhapsody of the Seas-1998
Legend of the Seas-1999
Monarch of the Seas-2000
Windstar-2002
Grandeur of the Seas-2006
CCL Ecstasy-2006
Enchantment of the Seas-2006
Adventure of the Seas-2007
Enchantment of the Seas-2007
Grandeur of the Seas-2009
Radiance of the Seas-2009
Celebrity Century-2010
Old 01-29-2008, 08:44 AM

Welcome back cruisechick77, sounds like you had a wonderful time. Sorry the weather was a little chilly, though. You're right about the Atlantis and Cabbage Beach. It's well worth the cab fare to walk around the public areas in Atlantis and you can take a tour of the aquarium for a reasonable fee, but the beach is public and it's a nice beach. Be careful,you might end up like me, I'm hooked on balconies now. Was upgraded once, and that's all it took. Can't wait to see what you pick for your next cruise. Get busy booking, it helps ease the pain of debarkation!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:06 AM

Cruisechick, welcome back and thanks for the great review. You and your boyfriend are now official members of Cruisers Anonymous! The only way to feel better about getting off the ship is to book another cruise.

Sandy
Old 01-29-2008, 07:05 PM

WOW!! Me and hubby are hdg out next mth (2/15) for our Anniv. cruise and it's our 1st!! We are sailing on SOS and after rdg this I am very excited I had a reservation about the rooms BUT I'm over it and just trying to focus on a NICE MINI VACATION I hope the weather next mth will be nice though.

Glad you enjoyed.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:11 PM

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the Majesty. I was on her back in October of 2007 for my vacation and loved it. That was my first cruise as well, and am already thinking about possibly a cruise to Bermuda if I can afford it maybe sometime in October of this year.

Sorry to hear that you didn't have warmer weather while on your cruise, but glad to hear that you enjoyed the food.

Hopefully whoever had the medical emergency was okay, and it's a good thing that the port of Nassau could accommodate an extra ship for that night, even though they weren't expecting you to dock until the next morning.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 06-11-2008, 09:39 AM

to: cruisechick77 - wha twas the nominal fee to see the aquarium in the atlantis? can you walk around the grounds without paying?
Old 06-11-2008, 12:19 PM

Ron908, the aquarium is $32/adult, $22/child (4-12). Lockers are $5, $7, $10 for small, medium, large. You can walk around certain areas for free. The beach adjacent (Cabbage Beach) is free. Hope this helps.

Closed Thread

Tags
11pm, 8am, aquarium, atlantis, caribbean, cococay, connecting, cruise, lockers, majesty, nassau, night, rooms, royal, seas