Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2008, 08:14 AM

Hie everyone:
I'm taking soon a 4 night Bahamas cruise onboard of Majesty of the Seas. I cruised before in '94 on NCL, and I remember we went to a Sheraton resort. What I don't remember is fi that resrot was included in price.
The point is, after reading some reviews about Blackbeard's Cay, I rather go to Paradise Island where I had a nice time. Any suggestion?
Thanks in advance,
Julio
Old 04-07-2008, 11:21 AM

Hi Ausol3, welcome to Cruise-Chat. If you'll go to our Caribbean Port Section, just a little further down on the main page and use your find feature (upper left hand corner of your post), type in Nassau or Paradise Island, it will pull up all the posts about Nassau and Paradise Island. Most everyone, including myself, will recommend going to the Atlantis on Paradise Island. Stroll around the grounds, then go to the beach that is adjacent to the resort. It is a public beach and very nice. Best wishes and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 04-08-2008, 07:46 PM

Thank you a lot for the tip!!!
Julio
Old 04-10-2008, 04:14 PM

hi there ausol3 welcome to cruise chat. i also suggest that you go to paradise island it was real nice. i have also tried black beards kay and i thought it was . i had little to no fun there. though another suggestion is to go around to all the shops to get free stuff. plus you can enter into the drawings. i my self have won some very nice things. though it is all your choice. the nice thing about Atlantis is that there are so many things to do. the water slides are very nice and the beach and the shops they have there. i liked looking at all the yachts there. that place is great. if you want to go over you can take a shuttle for around $4. overall i would pick Atlantis. if you have any more ? just ask.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:56 AM

Hi - cruising this June 08 with the Majesty - how much going to the Atlatis will cost me (one adult 2 kids)??? no one ever mentions the cost of this...which is least expensive option?
Old 06-12-2008, 10:14 AM

Hi Ron908, I posted the prices in another one of your posts. Anyway, Adults $32, Children $22 (4-12) for the aquarium. Cabbage Beach is free, walking around Atlantis is free, the cab ride over is $4.50 (I believe). The water taxi is less expensive, but is not really safe.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:08 AM

I This port gets unfair bad reviews from many cruisers. I love it just think about it, you dock downtown, the Bahamanians speak English and the US dollar is accepted everywhere. The bus service will take you anywhere you want to go for $1.00. A nice trip is to take the #10 bus to Ardastra Gardens www.ardastra.com and if you have time , see the old Fort Charlotte on the hill, if your hungry get a conch salad at Arawak Key. If you want to stay in the area of the ship see the Queens Staircase, go to the library(the old Jail) take a walk to Gregory Arch and Government House (the guard will let you in). You could also visit the National Art Gallery. Watch out for people hawking Time shares & Hair braiding at $2.00 per braid. Most of the places mentioned have no or a nominal fee

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, nassau, port, resort, sheraton