Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2007, 04:50 AM

Hey guys!

I am in charge of a group of 44 people going on the Mariner in March. I need to fax back our dining room seating arrangements to RC and I am having a hard time pairing families and not leaving anyone out. Does anyone know how many can be seated per table? Is it better to stay with about 8 per table or can I get 12 at a table? Are there several large tables right around each other or a big one or two and a few smaller ones? Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-25-2007, 06:02 AM

They have some oblong tables that seat 12. I prefer round tables for 8 or 10. You shouldn't have a problem getting everyone in your group together. The first day go to your dining room and talk to the maitre d'. He will help you make the final arrangements.

Sonny
Old 01-25-2007, 07:13 AM

Hey Sonny

Actually, I've been sent a seating arrangement paper that I am supposed to send back to them now. That is why I'm trying to get it all figured out now. I know when we sat at round tables the last time, they were eight people. It is nicer to have a round table and see everyone. Thanks for the input. I just know they were putting all of us in the same area and I didn't know if I should make five tables of eight or do a couple with 10, one with 8, a couple with six, etc. (how many big tables they had in the same vicinity).

Old 01-25-2007, 07:25 AM

You should still check out the arrangements the first day. They never seem to get it right the first time.

Sonny
Old 01-25-2007, 07:31 AM

Okay - I will do that. Thanks again! Can't wait - can't wait - can't wait!!!!!!

Old 01-25-2007, 09:01 AM

You could also be nice and send them a couple of "alternate" arrangements (using the 10 person tables and eight) so that if they are crunched for space they can have the flexibilty to meet your needs.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 01-25-2007, 07:51 PM

Royal Caribbean tells group leaders how many tables the group has, and how many each table holds. They try very hard, and usually succeed, in having exactly the right number of seats to match the number in the group. If they've sent you a diagram of tables, that's pretty much how they want you to arrange your group, as those are the tables that are close to each other in the dining room and make up the right number of seats.

If you've booked this group through a travel agent, the agent will be getting back everyone's actual table number. Unless the group has pre-paid gratuities, Royal Carib doesn't like folks to sit at tables that are different than their assigned tables, although of course it is done anyway. If the group has pre-paid gratuities, you can do "round robin" seating where everyone can sit at whichever of your group's tables they'd like after the first night. This lets people "mix and match" and sit near different people each night. It can be a bit tricky with families, however, as you want to make sure there are enough seats at the table for the whole family to sit.

Sandy
Old 01-26-2007, 05:02 AM

Hey Sandy

Thanks for the input. Actually, RC did not send a diagram with the tables pictured, they just send me a list with all the names in my party and I'm supposed to put "table 1", "table 2", etc. for who I want seated with who, that is why I was asking if anyone knew if they had alot of the 8-person tables together etc. Our group has decided not to do the round robin because I was nervous that the service from your waiter wouldn't be as exceptional as it is when they get to really know you and have you every night. To me, that is the best part of the whole dining experience and I wasn't sure if we did the round robin if the same waiter would follow the people or if you might have a different waiter each night depending on where you sat. I did four group tables of eight and one table of 12. I hope that works.

Old 01-26-2007, 07:08 AM

Ohio, that should work if they can give you a table for 12. Otherwise, as was my experience, they may split up the table. If that happens, call them or your travel agent.

I had a group of 34 on Enchantment of the Seas earlier this month. Among other tables, I had a table for 8, which they split into two tables for 4. I don't think so! I didn't want any tables for 4 in my grouping. We got it all straightened out on the second pass.

We had 3 tables for 8 and 1 table of 10. They were right next to each other in the dining room, but not served by the same wait staff! We found the service was great every night. One waiter learned everyone's name the first night and remembered it the rest of the cruise, whether or not we were at his table or sitting in the same seats at that table. Impressive!

Sandy
Old 01-30-2007, 08:15 PM

My friend suggested that you can ask your travel agent to use a new booking toll called "dining management" and select the tables for you and your party. It's easy to have everyone sitting together.

Closed Thread

Tags
arrangement, caribbean, carnal, carnival, carribean, cruise, dining, friends, people, room, royal, seated, seating, ship, sit, table