Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2005, 06:47 AM

We were on Radiance of the Seas to Alaska in May of this year and it was an incredible trip. My husband can't stop talking about it and the same for my kids (20 and 26); they loved it just as much. The guys really enjoyed the pool tables, but the entire experience was incredible. We did the helicopter ride to Mendenhall Glacier and we trekked on the glacier for a couple of hours. The guys didn't think that we could top that experience and then we did the horseback riding in the Yukon Territory, and we were all amazed (I booked this on my own) Emerald Lake was amazing to see. What ever you decide, you can't go wrong. We left out of Vancouver, so I decided to fly into Seattle and spend the day, then drove to Vancouver the next morning. Booked a shuttle service for the return to Seattle to fly back home. Our last stoop was in Ketchikan and I had scheduled a fly over (sorry canít remember the national park), but as we arrived, a terrible wind and rain storm hit, and I had to cancel. We should have gone to the Totem Village, but we were so tired by then, that we decided to just walk the town, go back to the ship, and nap. Glacier Bay was just amazing!!!! I canít say enough about this trip, and just jealous that I wonít be going any time soon.

Take care!!!

Nov 99 Carnival - Victory - Eastern Caribbean
Nov 03 Royal - Navigator - Western Caribbean
May 05 Royal - Radiance - Alaska
Nov 06 Royal - Navigator - Western Caribbean
Old 01-16-2006, 12:02 AM

We were on the Infinity in May 2005. 12 nights out of San Francisco. I wasn't thrilled with the embarkation/disembarking process at SF's pier but our experience on the ship itself was outstanding! I highly recommend any itinerary that included the Hubbard Glacier. Don't miss the Sitka sea otter excursion, and Ketchikan's DUCK (amphibious vehicle) tour was great fun. We were fortunate to have virtually no rain throughout our cruise except for at sea and it was so rough/cold going out and coming back in that we didn't go out on deck anyway.
Happy cruising!
outatuune

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, alaskan, caribbean, cruise, ending, itinerary, line, location, place, reviews, royal, ships, start, starting