Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2005, 02:14 PM

I am trying to budget (to the extent that it is possible) for my cruise aboard Navigator in April. Just wondering the cost of:
(1) Photos taken by ship photographer
(2) Internet cafe. 50 cents per minute, I think, but how long would it take to just check my emails (we're leaving our son with Grandma and Grandpa). I know the connection is slow, so what can I expect to pay just to check?
(3) Johnny rockets. They are charging about $3.95 per person, but are malts/shakes included?
Thanks!
Old 01-12-2005, 02:14 PM

I am trying to budget (to the extent that it is possible) for my cruise aboard Navigator in April. Just wondering the cost of:
(1) Photos taken by ship photographer
(2) Internet cafe. 50 cents per minute, I think, but how long would it take to just check my emails (we're leaving our son with Grandma and Grandpa). I know the connection is slow, so what can I expect to pay just to check?
(3) Johnny rockets. They are charging about $3.95 per person, but are malts/shakes included?
Thanks!
Old 01-12-2005, 02:27 PM

Photos can run from $14.95 to $24.95 depending on their size. I would wait until the end of the cruise and then select only the best of the best, that way you will ont spend more than necessary.

Actually the Internet Cafe offers several plans. The best is to take your notebook computer with you and get the "in-Cabin" access for a flat $100 with unlimited useage. You can sign up at the guest relations desk whhen you board. It is very popular, so don't wait too long to do it. In this way everyone can check their e-mail and your cost per minute will drop dramatically. The access in the Internet Cafe is rather slow and will become quite costly if you use it every day.

I believce that the malts and shakes are extra in Johnny Rockets, however, free ice cream is available most of the time.

Have a great cruise.

Tom
Old 01-12-2005, 03:54 PM

Royal Caribbean also offers just an e-mail package that costs $1 per transaction. You send an e-mail it costs a buck, read an e-mail it costs $1 - no matter how slow the service. If you choose this package, you will receive a phone message on your cabin phone whenever you receive an e-mail. If you will be using the internet just to check on things at home - this might be the way you want to go.

As for Johnny Rockets: Tom is correct, there is a $3.95 service charge but malts and milkshakes cost extra.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-12-2005, 06:51 PM

Thank you for the replies. I have zero interest in dragging along a laptop... vacations are to get away from that stuff. I just want an affordable way to check on my toddler every couple days. The $1 email check sounds perfect... is this new? I have not heard about it. How do I sign up?

And Nancy... I grew up in Lyndhurst. You and my folks are neighbors! Thanks for the suggestion
Old 01-13-2005, 06:29 AM

Hi Jenarm,
Where do you live now?

As for the internet service: I may need to stand corrected so I am going to do a follow-up and check my facts. After posting I realized I used this service aboard the Celebrity Millenium. Instead of accessing the internet and your own e-mail address (which is what costs $.50 per minute), you use the e-mail only option and are assigned an e-mail address to use while onboard. It seems to me it is also offered as an option with RConline, but I will attempt to confirm that info.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-13-2005, 11:23 AM

Nancy -

Thanks for checking. That sure would be a great service if RCI would provide it. I live in Lynchburg, VA now... 8 hours from you folks up north. I sure don't miss the winters. Thanks for all your help!
Jennifer

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cruise, dime, nickel, nickle, questions, rccl, royal