Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2005, 05:51 PM

The only time i can travel and take off work is in Sept/Oct. I also realized this is during hurricane season...does anyone has gone on a trip during these months?? Any suggestions?
Old 03-30-2005, 08:10 PM

A couple years ago I went on a Caribbean cruise in late September. It was hot & humid, and there were hurricanes going on (3 of them) but we were nowhere near any of them and had no problem. Last year some friends of mine got a free extra cruise night when one of the hurricanes kept them from getting back to Miami on schedule. Fortunately their TA was able to get their flights rebooked for the next day!

One big advantage of cruising during hurricane season is that ships will do almost anything to avoid getting caught in the storm - changing itineraries, skipping scheduled ports of call, staying out longer or going back to port earlier if need be. (They will usually compensate their passengers to some extent when cruises are shortened due to weather or technical problems.) If you were at an island resort, you'd either be stuck there during the hurricane, or would have to leave early.

I'd recommend going for it - relax & enjoy, knowing the captain will not put you in danger!
Old 03-31-2005, 01:18 AM

Angelsop99,

another advantage is that the ports of call are usually less crowded than during the high season (winter months). But then I also have to agree with Karen in regards to heat and humidity. I really don't enjoy the Caribbean during Hurricane season because of these, but if you're a warm-weather person, you probably won't mind them.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 03-31-2005, 11:46 AM
Banned

It can be GOOD! Or it can be BAD!Last year the 3 major cruise ports in Florida were closed 3 times due to Charley, Francis and Jeane.Each time the ports were closed till Tuesday so if you were on a cruise that left Saturday you got an additonal 3 days crusise.The down side is if you were to leave when the ports were closed you either got a 4 day cruise or a refund.We booked 2 different cruises and ended up taking niether because they were so short.We gave up last year because of the storms.But I will probably try again this year. The rates are really good that time of year and everything is less crowded. But if you are not flexible I would not ry it.We are predicted to have a hurricane season very similar to last year.
Tom
Old 03-31-2005, 03:42 PM

Thank you so much guys for the input...made me feel so much better now. I think i'm going to take the risk and go for it!!1 Wish me luck
Old 03-31-2005, 09:47 PM

You won't need any luck with your attitude, you will have a great time no matter what happens. Have a great cruise!

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, caribbean, carribbean, carribean, crowded, cruise, cruises, hurricanes, late, month, months, royal, season, sept, september