Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2008, 11:51 AM

Dave,

I understand "Oasis of the Seas" is to have two flowriders, located aft on the top deck (above the end of the boardwalk).

Raoul Fiebig

Old 07-08-2008, 11:56 AM

I was thinking. Don't you think it's kinda close, only about a year from booking, till the maiden voyage? You figure the cruise will have to be paid off about sep/oct 2010, so only about 1 year to cough up the kind of money. Plus, most kids are still in school on Dec 10th. I imagine the maiden voyage price will be horrifying. Not to mention the prices over the holidays. I generally like about a year and a half to pay off my cruise. I am just curious, if other people think these factors will hinder her selling out? Just wondering.... Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-08-2008, 12:10 PM

Raoul, I sure hope you are right. That would be awesome. With 3 days at sea, they would be used more. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-08-2008, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I understand "Oasis of the Seas" is to have two flowriders, located aft on the top deck (above the end of the boardwalk).
Thanks, Raoul. I must have missed that information. They'll need two of the flowriders given the passenger capacity.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:23 PM

Just a thought but trying to fill that kind of ship every sailing along with all the other ships I would tend to think that there was not enough people to do that. Its not like there is a ration of availabilty on all these ships. Why would they want to charge a high price in this time of gas prices and economy the way it is.Many people are staying close to home for their vacations or at least that is what I have read
Old 07-08-2008, 10:44 PM

Dave,

the flowriders have not been officially announced, yet. The info comes from a source of mine.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 07-09-2008, 02:21 AM

Quote:
the flowriders have not been officially announced, yet. The info comes from a source of mine.
Raoul, you always seem to be right about these things though.

Dwayne
Old 07-09-2008, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Why would they want to charge a high price in this time of gas prices and economy the way it is.
Because they can. When the Freedom Of The Seas first started sailing the prices were higher than other ships. This has since pretty much leveled out. The reason is the ship had new venues aboard and thus drew interest from the public. Bookings sustained the higher fares. Basic supply and demand. If I have something that will sell out every week at $100 why would I want to sell it for $50?

I have no doubts the Oasis will sail full and RCI will have no trouble filling the ship.

Quote:
Many people are staying close to home for their vacations or at least that is what I have read
It doesn't seem to be affecting cruise bookings.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Administrator

I've also heard RCI will not allow any group space to be booked for the Oasis in it's first month of operation, to include the inaugural sailing. The source says there will be no exceptions.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:35 AM

Dave,
That is also what I have heard. I have also heard that the standard cabins (insides, outsides) will be priced "very reasonable". What is reasonable to one, may not be to another.

Closed Thread

Tags
good, itenary, itin, itineraries, itinerary, oasis, review, reviews, sea, seas, ship