Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 10:00 AM

I'd like to see what "reasonable" is as well. They are normally at least $200/pp more than Princess, now.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Reasonable is also a function of what the ship has to offer - hence the reason I paid almost as much for a standard balcony cabin on the Freedom Of The Seas as I paid for the owners suite on Rhapsody.

Trivia - the Oasis will not be the first ship to have a carousel. The Ile de France had one.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:34 PM

Talked to my TA this week about another trip and she mentioned being swamped at a time she is usually all caught up. Seems her cruise bookings are way way up--apparently the rationale is a. cruising is largely inclusive and not many $$ surprises, b. you are locking your price in when fuel could be even higher this coming winter, c. If we have to cut back on everything else we want a really kick-a__ vacation to help us forget that both gas and milk are $4 a gallon. she is seeing more bookings than normal, on all lines and all types of ships. Go figure.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-09-2008, 02:42 PM

I simply don't know how RCI could possibly announce that pricing for any categories will remain reasonable. Since, as Dave says, this is a supply and demand driven market. They would have to intentionally hold pricing down to make that prediction come true, which would be in effect, intentionally losing revenue by design. I don't think that would be a great business decision, at least not from share holders perspective.

Reasonable is whatever the market will bear and still get the ship sold out by the sailing date. I expect the market will push pricing. There is a lot of buzz about this ship and many people will pay the cost difference to be on the newest and nicest ship with more to do and see onboard than any other ship sailing.

Cheers, Neil
Old 07-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Administrator

I have little doubt their use of "reasonable" is akin to the car dealer saying he'll give "maximum" trade-in value to you. Both are baseless claims.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TrvlPro:
I can't understand why every time RCI releases a new class of ship they always put them on the least desirable itins starting out. They did the same thing with Freedom and Liberty when they released them. Same ol, same ol itins. I guess they have limited options for such large vessels but Nassau? The one upside, perhaps this will keep demand and pricing from spiraling out of control. Yeah right, I'm dreaming!

Cheers, Neil
I like Nassau, its a great port and bet I have been there more than any of you. Town is within walking distance, has a great cheap transportation system (Mini Busses for $1.00), great local food at Potters Cay Potters Cay it's a great port if you allow yourself to enjoy it.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
it's a great port if you allow yourself to enjoy it.
That seems a tad presumptuous. I try to enjoy all the ports I've visited. Sorry, but Nassau is not high on my list.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:58 PM

I have been to Nassau several times. I don't ever need to go back. We are willing to spend what it takes to see and do in whatever port we are in and I still can skip Nassau.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-09-2008, 05:49 PM

has rccl gone banana's or what? Dont think i'll be sailing on that ship, cant afford their prices., to big of a ship for me.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
has rccl gone banana's or what? Dont think i'll be sailing on that ship, cant afford their prices., to big of a ship for me.
No, RCI hasn't lost it. They know their market and will fill the new ships. The prices haven't been announced.

Closed Thread

Tags
good, itenary, itin, itineraries, itinerary, oasis, review, reviews, sea, seas, ship