Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 02:42 PM

Sorry you had a bad cruise but you opinion will not sway me in the least. I have cruised five times with RCL and can't wait to go again. Let me see my last cruise was 229 for four night. We just spent the night in a hotel on the beach for 169 what was the better deal. Hope you can figure out what you really want.
RCCL Sovereign 3/08
RCCL Sovereign 10/08
RCCL Monarch 4/09
RCCL Navigator 3/10
RCCL Radiance 4/11
Carnival Dream 4/12
Carnival Glory 10/12
Carnival Fantasy 5/13
RCCL Allure 10/13

Need some cruise help?
Old 12-30-2008, 02:49 PM

Well, I've never sailed with RCI but I will not hesitate to do so when everything lines up (time, itinerary, finances, etc.). A single bad review would not sway me and many bad reviews would make me look between the lines; maybe some of the "bad" things can be avoided by prior planning or adjusting my expectations or whatever may be appropriate.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-30-2008, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I have cruised five times with RCL and can't wait to go again.
I am really looking forward to our June cruise on the Mariner. One thing I've never seen on RCI is your least favorite Navy breakfast item - "Red Death".
Old 12-30-2008, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
"vic",

Did you use an agent who specializes in cruises for this booking or did you do it on your own?

Perhaps your expectations were not realistic? Trust me, the cruise experience among all the mainstream cruise lines is pretty much the same when you look at the boilerplate items such as food, drinks, prices, service, and accommodations.
Those were my thoughts, as well. And, to put things in perspective, my last Royal Caribbean cruise was nine years ago. Yet, if I reread the original post, I could pretty much put any cruise line in there. This sounds like a combination of unrealistic expectations and the realization that cruising is not the ideal vacation for you. At least you gave it a try.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:38 PM

Hi Vic,

I agree with the other posts. I don't think it is fair to RCCL at all. I also don't think it is fair to the members of this forum for you to use the forum to vent an unrealistic complaint without previously posting one single question. Maybe if you would have checked in here before your cruise we could have helped you.

Dwayne
Old 12-30-2008, 05:48 PM
RCLVictim,

I'm confused, are you saying you did not have a good time?
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 12-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Seriously... I have never been on RCI but I can't imagine it even being close to that bad.

Guess I'll see in 5 days.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 12-30-2008, 06:12 PM

Your kidding........ Right?

I've been on 11 RCL cruises and EVERY one of then have been a wonderful experience. I have 5 more booked because of those.

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 12-30-2008, 06:30 PM
Dear RCLvictim - There is only one cure for your cruise woes-- It is simply book another cruise on another cruiseline! Your cruise expectations will be a lot more realistic and you might just have a wonderful time. Remeber-even the worst cruise is better than being on the job!!

Don't let this one unsettling experience ruin your spirit to go on great voyages-they are out there waiting for you, you've got your sealegs now-try it again-and come here to discuss your adventure before setting out.We can and we will prepare much better for your next adventure!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 12-30-2008, 06:49 PM

We,too, had a first cruise on another line that was a disappointment but it was such a great learning experience for this middle aged couple! We are booked on three RCCL cruises between Jan-18-2009 and Jan-2010 because they are wonderful to deal with by phone, have promptly given us credits when there were rate changes and patiently answered our many questions without ever making us feel that we were really stupid. They have guided us to the best cabins for money spent and worked with us on excursions. We knew upfront that the specialty restaurants would have a cover charge,that alcoholic drinks are not cheap and that most all people serving the public work best for the people who treat them with respect and cooperation. Maybe you should look at another venue if cruising is not for you. One word of advice, though: A smile goes a long way, use it more than the sour attitude you seem to have and you might be surprised at the results.

Closed Thread

Tags
alcohol, caribbean, prepurchsed, rccl, royal, thread, victim