Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2005, 09:22 PM

I have been fortunate to have had the opportunity to enjoy the services of the Concierge and to use the Concierge Club room on the Serenade of the Seas first while sailing in a suite and later because of having reached Diamond level in the Crown and Anchor program.

Should I choose to sail now on a Celebrity ship, I will be entitled to the same benefits given to Elite level members of the Captain's Club. (I am aware of what those are.)

My question is: What does Celebrity have to compare with the Concierge Club room itself; the complimentary continental breakfast items and coffee, the evening appetizers and cocktails; the DVD library; and the Concierge herself/himself?

I am urging my sweetheart to try a Celebrity cruise, but he is loath to give up his perks on RCI.

Thank you in advance for any information.

Lana
Old 08-07-2005, 05:14 AM

Hi Lana,
Actually Celebrity does not have a comparable perk in their program. The best reward I have found on Celebrity is the complimentary use of the spa facilities (thallasotherapy pool, sauna, steam room). If you are not Elite, you pay by the day or buy a package which is not cheap.

I must admit, I miss the Concierge Lounge when sailing on Celebrity. But, (as I am sure you are aware), there is no Concierge Lounge on the fleets older vessels. At this time, only the Voyager and Radiance class ships have one.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-09-2005, 05:22 PM

The way I understand it now whatever level you are on RCCL or Celebrity’s past passenger program you are also in the equivalent level on the opposite line. (Sadly for me before they announced this I had already worked my way up on both lines individually.) There aren’t any concierge lounges on Celebrity. If you really want lots of perks on Celebrity take a suite and enjoy everything that comes with the butler like evening appetizers in your cabin, anything you want for breakfast brought to your stateroom – including hot foods, pressing services, afternoon tea in your cabin, etc. Your butler can also do the things a concierge will do for you like making dinner reservations at the specialty restaurants, excursions, etc. I wasn’t sure what I would do with a butler until the first time I had one and now I am so spoiled that I miss them when I cruise on other lines.

Caribbean Travel Articles

Closed Thread

Tags
butler, celebrity, club, concearge, concierge, cruise, cruises, level, lounge, perks, rccl, rci, seas, serenade, ships