Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2005, 08:45 AM

We are leaving Galveston on the 6 of Nov. I have heard so many different stories about the service and quality of the ship. Also about ports of call. Anyone travel recently? Have any info. We were to go to the Keys, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel
Thanks
Old 10-29-2005, 05:00 PM

Here is a review from a student that just got off the ship a couple of days ago. Help this helps.

http://www.cruisereviews.com/RoyalCa...theSeas101.htm

Tom
Old 10-30-2005, 09:35 AM

we are booked for our 4th trip on rhapsody of the sea Nov 2005 (5th cruise overall), my family has been pleased with each of our trips, if you review more cruise chats and reviews, you will find that there are many families that on going on their 4th or more cruise on rhapsody.

the service around ship has been non differiated from year to year, wait staff - we have preferred some years vrs others but always the experience was worth it, last year poor service and after costa maya we had a new assistant wait, we inquirrd and were told that old assistant wait had sliped, broken arm, and wwould no longer on ship. our room person has generally been invisable most years, we prefer balcony,

have fun

be flexible and dont make expectations that are not reaaonable
Old 10-30-2005, 12:49 PM

Hello,

A walk around downtown Grand Cayman is very interesting, in that you will see branches of almost every major bank in the world.

A few hours at a beach is also very enjoyable. Check with ship personnel as to the beaches they go to.

Have a great time,

Fred
Old 04-28-2006, 01:31 PM

Hi,
I know this is a litte late, but.....we sailed on the Rhapsody on Feb 17, 2006. After sailing on the Mariner Feb 2005, we found this ship tather dissappointing. Since the price on this ship was more reasonable, we booked a grand suite. We were with a group of 16. The drawers all stuck, the refrigerater ran hot. The bed was in such bad shape we had to request an egg crate to be able to sleep on it. The pull out that my daughters slept on was more comfortable. The water in the shower was so hot you had to run it on cold. My daughter was sick one night and in the room the stewart refused to pull out her bed since she was in the room. We had to find someone in the hall to help us pull out the bed, we couldn't figure it out. They ran out of things at the late seating dinner, ad the last day you have to eat by 8 or you are out of luck. There were many other things but dn't have time to mention them all. RCCL just said "sorry we will fix it for the next person" not an acceptable answer to someone who just dished out alot of money.

Caribbean Resorts & Hotels
Old 04-28-2006, 08:21 PM

Gosh...we this ship booked for December 3rd. Hopefully, things will be better!

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 05-05-2006, 11:23 AM

Tex,
I wouldn't worry about Rhapsody of the Seas. We have cruised her three times, the latest of which was January 2006. We experienced no problems such as described by Jmurphy. (Maybe it was Murphy's law???)
I refuse to believe that "RCCL just said "sorry we will fix it for the next person"."
I have never received that kind of answer from an RCI employee...ever...for any reasonable request made in a courteous manner.
In January 2006, we had the best Rhapsody cruise ever. We made all of the scheduled ports, had a great time on Cozumel (still recovering from Wilma), food was plentiful and the ship was spotless.
Enjoy your cruise.
LL
Navigator - E. Caribbean - 11/2006
Vision - West Coast Repo - 4/2007
Grandeur - Canada/N.E. - 9/2007
Voyager of the Seas -"R"W. Caribbean - 1/2008
Old 05-05-2006, 12:23 PM

In Key west, visit the Blond Giraffe for the best key lime pie ever. They're about a block off of main street downtown. You can take a tram to downtown from the pier. In Grand Cayman, if you like to snorkel, the Stingray City snorkel or any of the snorkels on the wrecks are great. Seven mile beach is beautiful and the shopping is pretty good for gems. In Cozumel, Chanakaab(sp?) Park will be open when you go. We did an awesome swim with the dolphins there (pre-hurricane). You can also go to Xel-ha for some wonderful snorkeling. The Telhum ruins are remarkable. Enjoy your cruise!
Old 05-05-2006, 08:00 PM

I agree with penny3333. We've been to Cozumel several times and my favorite thing there is.....coconut ice cream! I just can't get enough of it. Especially, after a great meal at Pepe's or Casa La Mission!

You're right about Tulum penny3333....absolutely awsome. I'm anxious to get back and see how Cozumel has recovered after the hurricane and hopefully get a dive in. You'll enjoy it!

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 05-07-2006, 12:43 PM

On Cozumel, don't overlook Pancho's Back Yard for a great meal at reasonable prices...and if you would like a drop-dead private excursion, take a look at the CozumelTours.com website. We loved Harry's Island Tour.

LL
Navigator - E. Caribbean - 11/2006
Vision - West Coast Repo - 4/2007
Grandeur - Canada/N.E. - 9/2007
Voyager of the Seas -"R"W. Caribbean - 1/2008

Closed Thread

Tags
backyard, beach, complaints, forum, panchos, repairs, rhapsody, seas, stingray, worth