Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2007, 03:11 PM

My girlfriend won a cruise at the end of February through her work on SOS and she got to bring a person at half price so she asked me!! We both have terrible motion sickenss and since this is the first cruise for both of us our husbands thought it was a great idea that the two of us go together to test out cruising and see if we liked it. Since if either one of us got terribly sick we wouldn't feel half as bad if we were with our husbands who never get motion sickness. We both got the patch so were hoping for a smooth ride.

I've been reading the posts and doing searches for many of my questions so I hope any questions I do have won't be too redundant. I've checked out Yahoo weather forecast for Nassau, Bahamas this week and it says it's 79 degrees almost everyday this week. Is this typical weather for end of February or will it warm up more? Will the water be warm enough to go snorkeling?? Right now in the Midwest (I believe Sonny and I live in the same State) it's -2 degrees with the windchill at -25 degrees below zero so any weather will be better than this. I've packed (yes, I'm already packing) just shorts and capris with short-sleeve or sleevless tops. Will I need a sweater or jacket at the end of February?

Kelly
Old 02-04-2007, 07:17 PM

hello hrtsweet,

for your motion sickness, have you tried getting wrist bands which have worked wonders for my spouse who gets sick on airplanes. Im sure you can pick up the bands from any pharma shop. Just a suggestion.

Caribbean All Inclusive Resorts

Old 02-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Administrator

I've found that ginger tablets or apples do wonders to cure seasickness. You can buy ginger tablets at a drug/vitamin store. The apple cure is easiest as all you have to do is run up to the buffet. Best yet, it's free and has no side effects.

While the weather will be warm outside in February, the air conditioning on the ship may be turned high enough to require a sweater or wrap while on the ship. Also remember to pack some clothing for evenings onboard.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:10 AM

We went on Fantasy( carnival) 2 years ago (and going on SOS this spring. We stocked up on motion sickness stuff for our family- me - I've never been on water larger than a small pond....Son that gets slightly motion sick in the car and hubby who can't ride in a car unless he is driving. Even with a moderate storm the first night- enough to stop the dancers and make you feel tipsy with walking.... NO ONE needed any of the stuff we brought- patches for us and cream for the kids. I plan on taking it again this time but hate to use it..one man I talked to on deck one night said his wife got queazy during the storm and took her meds as a precaution and it knocked her on her tail for a day and 1/2 of a 3 day cruise.

You may be surprised --- you may not need it.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 02-05-2007, 09:29 AM

The patch behind the ear is the only thing that works for my wife. No sleepyness and not even a hint of seasickness even in rough water. Ask you doctor about them. Once your sick, there's no quick remedy so do it right the first time.

Sonny
Old 02-05-2007, 05:39 PM

Thanks everyone. I talked to my doc who was just on a cruise herself and she was told by many people she'd never need her patch but she got real seasick and didn't enjoy her vacation until she got to port and had a chance to put on the patch while on land. Then she finally enjoyed her cruise. She wrote me a script right away. I'm almost positive I'll need it since even the gentle swing ride at the amusement park that gently sways you up and down makes me want to throw up.

I'm more nervous about being cold. I hate to be cold (if it weren't for family I'd move out of this frozen tundra!) and there's nothing worse to me than having to bundle up because of air conditioning when it's warm outside. I'll make sure to bring my sweater.

Thanks again everyone!

Closed Thread

Tags
bahamas, cruise, cruises, cruising, cruisng, end, february, februaury, review, reviews, seasick, ship, weather, whats, yahoo