Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 03:52 PM

Hello everyone,

My wife and I just got back from the 8 day eastern carribean cruise on the Jewel of the Seas. It was a beautiful ship and everyone on board was absolutely fantastic! When I say everyone I mean guests and crew. The last Carnival cruise we went on had a few jerks in the crowd that ruined the cruise for a few people because they acted like morons! Our stops were in Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Tortola, and Nassau. Personally I could handle never going back to Puerto Rico or Nassau, but would definately visit the other islands again. If you have any questions on this ship or particular cruise just let me know.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-14-2007, 02:12 PM

I am thinking of booking the six night on March 16, 2008. I have cruised with Princess 3 times and Carnival once. My boyfriend as never cruised. Would you recommend this ship? We are in our mid-30's. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LeahA:
I am thinking of booking the six night on March 16, 2008. I have cruised with Princess 3 times and Carnival once. My boyfriend as never cruised. Would you recommend this ship? We are in our mid-30's. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
LeahA,

I would definately recommend this ship considering how nice the staff and the ship were. Our embarkation was outstanding by the way considering it only took us 25 minutes from the time we stepped off of our bus to the time we were in our room! There are alot of things to do on the ship, rock climbing wall, miniature golf, basketball, etc. etc. The design of the ship is very subdued compared to the Carnival ships I have been on and the crowd was the best I have ever been around. If you compare the food between royal caribbean and Carnival to me Carnival was a little better, but not much if at all. The service on RCI was sooooo much better and that helps out alot! The entertainment was better on the Carnival ships, but the entertainment was still pretty good regardless. What is the islands that you would be visiting?

Old 12-15-2007, 04:28 PM

Great. Now I am really confused. I thought Carnival food and entertainment was terrible!

The itinerary we are considering are - Key West, Belize, Playa del Carmen and Cozumel.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LeahA:
Great. Now I am really confused. I thought Carnival food and entertainment was terrible!

The itinerary we are considering are - Key West, Belize, Playa del Carmen and Cozumel.
Cozumel is nice, Belize is a little behind the times still considering they are still just becoming the vacation spot for cruise ships. I liked both cruise lines just as much as the other, but the service on RCI was second to none.

Old 12-17-2007, 03:39 PM

LeahA, just because you had bad food on one Carnival ship, doesn't mean you would on another. I've noticed a difference between food quality from ship to ship on Royal Caribbean. However, I've never had bad food. You'll love the Jewel of the Seas; she's a beautiful ship.

Sonny
Old 03-02-2008, 06:21 PM

My husband and two kids will be taking this same cruise. I was wondering what drinks are included? Also do we need to bring long sleeves for the evenings on the ship and in the dining room? I wasn't sure if the air conditioning was to cold.
Do you recomment the pop package? How much is the Pop if we don't purchase the package.
Any information would be appriciated thank you
Old 03-02-2008, 06:56 PM

Hello first time, welcome to Cruise-Chat!

A soda package will cost $6 per day per person. The Windjammer serves free juice, punch, coffee; ice tea, and water. Any soda, beer, or mixed drinks will have a charge. I would think a soda package would be worth purchasing if you drank more than 5 cokes a day.

I never needed a long sleeve shirt on any Caribbean cruise. It wouldn't hurt to pack a couple of long sleeve shirts or a sweater if you're prone to get a chill. It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. When are you planning to cruise?

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
board, bring, caribbean, carnival, carribbean, cruise, food, forum, included, jewal, jewel, long, pop, rcl, royal, seas, ship, sleeves