Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2007, 04:42 PM

We were planning an 08 trip on freedom of the seas, my travel agent check on the prices and for the month of August she was quoted like 1,400 per person. Does that sound just about right and if so how do people afford to cruise on the Freedom. We may be doing Liberty, HELLLLLP, I wanted to cruisethe Freedom of the Seas so Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Heck, I wanted to buy a home in Newport Beach; but I had to settle for Costa Mesa.

The cruise lines charge what they do because they can.
A premium cabin on a premium ship comes with a premium price. Isin't most of life like that?

Have you considered a little less pricey accomodation on the Liberty? Most people don't spend much time in the cabin, and you still have the run of the ship.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Administrator

Please don't take this as bragging, but we did the Freedom inaugural last summer and we are doing the Liberty's 6th cruise this coming June. On the Freedom we had a category E1 cabin, with two adults and one child. It was around $5400. For the upcoming Liberty cruise we have a Junior Suite (twice the size of an E1 cabin) and it is around $5800.

My impression is that RCI does indeed price the Freedom class ships a bit higher than their other vessels. Unfortunately August is still "prime time" for cruises and $1400 per person for even a standard cabin is what the reality is.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Banned

If you wait till the fall season the prices dip below $1000...I noticed sales on it last fall for $699, which is awesome for it's inagural year, but had already booked a cruise on another ship... I would love to try the wave surfing.

I hope the recent new ships add such a glut of cabins that prices fall. I read an article that said 12 new ships came online in the last 2 years and with all the new ones due out by 2010 there will be 1/3 more cabins available by then (roughly 75,000)..i've allready noticed balcony cabins becoming more affordable as the trend for more balconys on ships becomes the norm.
We went 7 days on carnival triumph, (our first balcony), early last sept. for $611 and even got a small shipboard credit and coupon book...this was just a sale price-- we didnt get a resident, repeat cruiser, senior or military discount...so keep your eyes on the sales ( i prefer travelzoo.com) and you may get a deal on freedom!
Old 03-09-2007, 04:40 AM
We booked last June for this May and for the 3 of us it cost $3770 total for a D1 balcony, I haven't seen it at that price in a while or since maybe booking early is sometimes a good thing to do, this is how we afforded it.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wise2u:

I hope the recent new ships add such a glut of cabins that prices fall. I read an article that said 12 new ships came online in the last 2 years and with all the new ones due out by 2010 there will be 1/3 more cabins available by then (roughly 75,000)
The cruise lines would have had to take in to account the explosive growth in the number of new cruisers. They must have good reason to believe that the industry is growing at a rate that will accomodate their projections.

Then with the NCL's of the business with miserable performanace among return cruisers, RCI, Princess and Carnival will take up the slack.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:10 AM

Nita,
My agent checked prices for me in August of 2006 for cruise dates in July of 2007. At that time the rate was only $755 per person. The prices should not be that much since you are booking a year in advance.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:34 PM

Christie,
What kind of room was booked for you???????

Old 03-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Banned

I collect recyclables from the roadside, park, and other public places and put the proceeds in a mason jar and hide it under my bed...that's how I afford the FOS (in my dreams).
Old 03-10-2007, 12:48 PM

You might collect faster if you find meteorites instead of soda cans. Treasure hunters, Travel Channel.

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, category, cruise, cruiseon, cruiser, d1, day, donts, dos, e1, freedom, kind, pay, prices, repeat, seas