Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2005, 02:34 PM

Oh so many questions . . . we're frequent travelers throughout the US and Europe, but heading off on our first cruise in December - Splendour of the Seas 4 night (Cozumel is only port) out of Galveston. We drive to Galveston rather than fly to Florida, so it is a good way to try out cruising for us. Me, wife, 6 year old and 2 year old (even the 2 year old is veteran traveler).

I'll start with my most nagging question - what food costs extra on board? I see a lot of info about dining rooms, Windjammer cafe, burgers and hot dogs poolside, etc. with no mention of cost. Having done the land based all-inclusives in places like Jamaica with virtually EVERYTHING included, how does the cruise experience compare?

I'll wait for an answer to this question, then probably have more!!

THANKS FOR ANY INSIGHT ANYONE CARES TO SHARE!!
Old 10-19-2005, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RogerG:
I'll start with my most nagging question - what food costs extra on board? I see a lot of info about dining rooms, Windjammer cafe, burgers and hot dogs poolside, etc. with no mention of cost.
RogerG,

welcome to Cruise-Chat.com.

On "Splendour of the Seas" virtually all food (with the possible exception of chocolates etc. at the Champagne Bar and brand ice cream) is included in the cruise fare. This includes all dining venues mentioned above, and also room service. In contrast to this, specialty coffees, soft drinks and all alcoholic drinks are extra. There are a couple of free drinks available during mealtimes and at the Windjammer Cafe, including iced water, ice tea, lemonade etc.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 10-20-2005, 02:40 AM

Hallo Roger,

we are on the Splendour next month, on the Transatlantic cruise. When Im back I will try to write a review about everything.
But we have been on two other RCCL ships, Brilliance and Jewel and there were only the extra pay for the things, Raoul mentioned before.
If you or your kids prefer coke or sprite, than I can recommend buying a soda package. You get a sticker on your seapass and you only have to show this and you get your softdrink wherever you are on the ship, dining room, cafes, windjammer cafe, theater. But not every softdrink is included.
So I try to report, what the costs are.

Best regards,
Marita

Old 10-20-2005, 07:56 AM

I was just on the Splendour of the Seas in the Med a month or so ago. I am currently working on a MEGA review of her. There are a good number of reviews on her located at:

http://www.cruisereviews.com/RoyalCa...roftheSeas.htm

That would be a great first cruise!

Tom
Old 10-26-2005, 08:28 AM

Thanks for the info, now I can cross that question off my list and get ready for the next one!
Old 10-26-2005, 09:15 AM

Roger, I'd call the cruise line to make sure the cruise is still sailing. Not much left of Cozumel after Wilma and reports I'm hearing is that the cruise pier was severly damaged.

If that's your only port, your itinerary could change. Something you might want to be aware of before the day of departure.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:11 AM

Hello,

You are very fortunate to be going on a cruise with little kids. Remember, there are many dining options which will allow you to spend meal times with your children and a nice dinner with your wife.

Have a great time.

Fred

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruises, family, galveston, packages, time