Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2006, 05:13 PM

Is this available on Royal Carib?

How do you sign up?

Thanks, Tom
Old 11-26-2006, 06:02 PM

Hello, welcome to cruise-chat. Our last 3 RCCL cruises, we have walked our luggage off. We keep it in our room, and walk it off, and go straight to customs. We generally only have 2 bags each. We much prefer to walk off our luggage. It spares us the whole "find our bag" nightmare, and leaving our luggage in the hallway. I don't know if they have an official "walk off program". We just always did it. Having my luggage lost several times when flying, and 2 car break ins, and theft attempt in Milan, I am paranoid about leaving my luggage out of site. I am either paranoid or it is my OCD. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-26-2006, 06:47 PM
Administrator

I don't think you have to sign up for it - you just do it if you can carry all of your baggage.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:53 PM

Does this mean you do not have to wait until you luggage color is called? Just so you can manage the luggage, you can go at any time? That would be great!!
Old 11-27-2006, 07:03 PM
Administrator

You don't put your luggage out for pickup on the last night of the cruise. You just take everything with you on debarkation morning, but you need to be able to carry everything off the ship unassisted.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:23 PM

I thought you had to leave by 6:45 a.m. to do this "walk-off", so if we dont' have to leave our cabin until 8, it would be great. We won't have any trouble with our luggage.

Thank you!
Old 11-28-2006, 06:41 AM
Administrator

I was just looking at the final Cruise Compass for our Freedom cruise this past June. It has 6:30am listed as the express departure time. It doesn't specifically say that you HAVE to leave at that time but they do prefer it. If you wait until the regular debarkation has commenced you will negate much of the benefits of leaving early since a big logjam can form at Customs these days. If I were to use express debarkation, I'd be ready to hit the exit as soon as the ship was cleared and not wait.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:40 PM

Thanks everybody!!

Tom
Old 12-01-2006, 01:06 PM

I don't know if all RCCL ships are the same, but we were just on the Rhapsody and in order to do the express check out, you had to register and be approved. They said only a limited number of people that could do the express luggage. I guess they didn't want everybody trying to disembark at the same time. It was first come, first serve. I suggest it you don't want to leave your luggage outside your door, you need to apply early for express check out. FYI, we did not wait for our color, we just left and found our luggage at cusoms. Ricky B
Old 12-02-2006, 12:48 PM

Radiance of the Seas had the Express walk-off. On our cruise two weeks ago it did not start until 8:30am because of a delay in getting the ship passed by customs and immigration.

You actually signed up for it a couple of nights in advance through a form delivered to your stateroom.
Legend of the Seas - Oct 2008

Celebrity Constellation - July 2009
MSC Orchestra - Jan 2009
Navigator of the Seas - March 2009
MSC Poesia - November 2009
Jewel of the Seas - June 2010

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, caribben, carribean, celebrity, cruise, cruisewalkoff, debarkation, express, jewel, line, luggage, off, program, royal, seas, walk, walking