Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2005, 07:47 AM

we have booked a family cruise on Legend of The Seas for next year.We are a family of four and I was looking some info. I was reading reviews last night and they were terrible,this is a 14 nighter leaving from Southampton in uk for the med.Can any one help I dont think things could be as bad as some of these reviews I hadnt seen them before I booked.Any info would be a great help .thanks Art
Old 07-26-2005, 10:05 AM

I would take the reviews with a grain of salt. I last sailed the Legend of the Seas last summer and she was wonderful. I am cruising her again this fall and will write another review. Here is a link to the review I wrote on my last cruise on her.

http://www.cruisereviews.com/RoyalCa...ftheSeas28.htm

She would be an excellent ship for the Med. You will have a great time.

Tom
Old 07-26-2005, 07:34 PM

I sailed on the Legend on the Transcontinetal from Ft Lauderdale to Lisbon in April. The service was good, the food in the restuarant was excellent and generally the ship though old wasnt in bad shape. In any case, it went into Drydock in Lisbon and was refitted with new carpets and furnishings/bedding etc. I think you will really enjoy the ship especially since the refit. I too am mystified with reviews on some ships. It seems some people having nothing good to say and others think its wonderful. Makes it difficult to know who is right eh! I had the same worry about the Galaxy reviews but will take the Cruise anyway. Hope this helps
Old 08-22-2005, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike1944:
I sailed on the Legend on the Transcontinetal from Ft Lauderdale to Lisbon in April. The service was good, the food in the restuarant was excellent and generally the ship though old wasnt in bad shape. In any case, it went into Drydock in Lisbon and was refitted with new carpets and furnishings/bedding etc. I think you will really enjoy the ship especially since the refit. I too am mystified with reviews on some ships. It seems some people having nothing good to say and others think its wonderful. Makes it difficult to know who is right eh! I had the same worry about the Galaxy reviews but will take the Cruise anyway. Hope this helps
Thanks Mike for the post and sorry for not getting back sooner Im just learning my way around.I think you are right about some reviewers some people are never happy ,and I have got some very good and informative post since .Thanks Art
Old 08-28-2005, 06:16 AM

Hi Mike
Thats just what I wanted to hear . So it did get a refit ? So the carpet in the cabins was redone and the bedding ? I also heard the Windjammer , is that true ? We are leaving in 13 weeks 6 days and I am so excited it looked like it was a beautiful ship

I believe it is what you make out of it , is what you get out of it . There are so many negative feedbacks that I have read . There is only one ship that I have been on that was disappointing and that was the Holland America Westerdam and that was because the ship lay out was horrible but that was about it , we still had fun as per I was married in Juno on a glacier
Thanks so much nice to hear that you enjoyed the ship !
Old 08-29-2005, 05:28 AM

My husband and I just returned from the 14 day Mediterrannean cruise out of Southampton LOS on the 13th of August and had a FANTASTIC time. I cannot emphasize enough how wonderfully we were treated and how lovely the ship was. We were on deck 3, a lower priced cabin, but not lower standards. We had a large window offering wonderful views of the sea..we had expected it to be very small, but despite the beds being converted to a double, it had loads of room to walk around either side. There were several full large mirrors..the entrance included a very well thought out bathroom with plenty of storage. The wardrobe was surprisingly roomy..I used the thin hangers of my own and ones that hold 4 items on one. (and we had 6 suitcases..it held it all) The decor was fresh.with a very nice sofa in a light orange upholstery in the recess next to the bed. lovely art deco lights all around. There were pictures on the walls..upper half walls were pale cream..the lower a forest green which was actually a suede like material not paper. light wood trim everywhere..nice dressing table. We loved our cabin.. the lift was nearby..straight up to windjammer entrance, and the opposit lift...right up to the centrum. We loved it so much, have rebooked to include our family next August. The public rooms and lounges were gorgeous..lots of redecorating had been done in Lisbon. The windjammer we really enjoyed...spectacular views of the bow and the sea while eating (dolphins leaping one day) New carpet and furniture added, very stylish.. and extra counters for food so 2 sides of duplicate items. Never had to wait or to share a table and ate 75 % of our meals there. The centrum with the glass elevators and marble staircase is fabulous, as was all the seating areas there and the champagne bar with its' etched glass panels, the lovely theatre with excellent entertainment. We saw the American Drifters..spectacular show they put on and a Beatles tribute band..great. Also, violinists, pianists, singers, dancers, jugglers, comics etc. etc.But the main feature I love?? All the glass and light. You can see the Sea everywhere you go..the elegance of the by gone days of the liners but with the comfort and convenience of modern life. But You know you are on a cruise..perfect for me. The only fault? We had a lot of wind all of our sea days...many times the decks had to be closed off..sad, but it just meant I enjoyed the indoors those days.We Cannot praise enough this ship and RCI..most peoples complaints..NOT Enough courses at dinner????Cannot believe it..just because the menu is in 3 parts, did not mean they could not have as many items as they wanted. Also with eating all day long...3 meals... plus teas (including food and cakes)..plus bar b ques.. and loads of buffets and more bar b ques at night...plus hotdogs and burgers.. How could 3 courses NOT BE ENOUGH? I am by no means skinny..and I ate only half the food on offer and was stuffed. I do appreciate there were teething problems in May, changing over to the UK.. and we benefitted a couple months later after everything was sorted. But I still think even then food was almost certainly available..just ask for what you want. The way I see it??...I can eat anywhere.. anytime..but how often can I cruise on a beautiful ship and see amazing places?? I had my breakfast with the French Riviera spread out in front of me, with little boats coming out to wave and photographed us. How cool is that? Closest I'll come to being a celebrity, and what price is that worth??? alot more than 3 or 5 courses of food. Have a fantastic cruise..Carol

Old 08-29-2005, 06:04 AM

Just wanted to clarify something from my above message. The complaints regarding food I mentioned, were not from on this cruise.I wasn't aware of anyone being unhappy either in the dining room or Windjammer while we were onboard..and the food was very good to excellent. Service first class. I was referring to the info given in reviews in the past on these sites, which mostly related to a reduction in courses when changing to the UK market and prices..pounds versus dollars..which they also adjusted to reflect the correct conversions. I too would have objected to paying 5 for a drink and it had me worried.The ports btw were wonderful. happy to answer any questions.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:44 AM

Hello Carol and welcome home though from your review you sound like you wish you were still on board, great to hear it.Your answer yas just music to my ears and was just the icing on the cake after Tom and Mikes replies.I dont care what I hear now and from reading some of the reviews they would put you off going anywhere.Thanks Carol for the moral boost Art
Old 08-29-2005, 04:04 PM

Hi Art, I am glad that my review was of some help to you. We went through the same problems in the 3 months before we sailed. Suddenly we were hearing a lot of bad things. I was hopeful it would get sorted by the time we sailed, and it did. But it still gave us a lot of worry and a lot of sleepless nights, as a lot of money is being invested in a cruise and we weren't in a position to simply write it off if it all went wrong. Thankfully it all went right and was far better than I could ever have expected.It was our first cruise, though I traveled by ship many, many years ago when I was single. It was wonderful to be back at sea. We are hoping we can all save up and our daughters can go together with us next year.Hope you and your family have a great cruise. Carol
Old 08-29-2005, 06:56 PM

Hi Carol
I am thrilled to hear what a wonderful time you had . Would you say the cabins are also refurbished then ? I read one review about bad matresses and a dingy brown blanket , that sorta worried me . I love classic ships and this seems to be exactly what I am looking for . We are leaving in 13 weeks 5 days WOOHOO
Thanks again Carol !!

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cost, cruise, dragon, flight, latest, legend, line, monaco, refit, rockwall, royal, sea, seas, train, villefrance