Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2003, 10:33 AM

Here are the three Miami hotels that are possible for us with the RC "Day-Prior Hotel Package" --

1. Wyndham Miami Beach Resort
2. Eden Roc Resort/Spa
3. Fontainebleau Hilton

Which one would be best? We want something with a beach, because we'll be staying the night before the cruise and also a night or two after the cruise, and we love to walk on the beach.

Thanks for any info, opinions, personal experiences, etc.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:33 AM

Here are the three Miami hotels that are possible for us with the RC "Day-Prior Hotel Package" --

1. Wyndham Miami Beach Resort
2. Eden Roc Resort/Spa
3. Fontainebleau Hilton

Which one would be best? We want something with a beach, because we'll be staying the night before the cruise and also a night or two after the cruise, and we love to walk on the beach.

Thanks for any info, opinions, personal experiences, etc.
Old 03-11-2003, 03:42 PM

If the Wyndham is anything like the one I stayed at on my Honeymoon in Orlando, then I would highly recommend. Very nice. I've never been to the one in Miami, so I'm not sure how much help this would be to you. Maybe try to find out a review on this hotel somewhere on the internet, or call your travel agent to find out what the hotel's rating is, sometimes that can be a really big help. Do your homework! There's a lot of good and bad ones in Miami, so I've heard.

Good Luck!
Amy
Old 03-12-2003, 10:49 AM

Thanks Amy! Well as long as it's close in to the cruise terminal, clean, nice, and has a beach, i'll be very pleased. The travel agent is checking around and will let us know something today. Since we're doing a RC package the list of hotels is limited.

Thanks again!
Old 03-12-2003, 05:01 PM

I agree that being close is a convenience, but I wouldn't want to start my vacation off to a bad start. Let me know what you find out.

Amy
Old 03-13-2003, 07:41 AM

Well the list of hotels used by RCCL for their Day Prior Hotel Program has changed from the list published in the 2003-2004 Cruise Vacation Planner.

I called RCCL yesterday to get a current list, and here it is in case anybody else is considering the Day Prior Hotel Program --

Intercontinental
Wyndham
Marriott
Mandarin Oriental

They are all running approxmiately $100 per PERSON per night.

Hopefully the travel agent will have some details today so we can decide. I checked the hotels' online sites as best i could, and they all look great!
Old 03-13-2003, 11:19 AM

I'm positive you wouldn't be dissapointed with Wyndam, but the Mandarin sounds appetizing
How does the day before hotel program thru RCCL work?

Amy
Old 03-19-2003, 05:48 AM

Hmm let's see ... the travel agent found that if we let the cruise line pick the hotel for us it's only about seventy dollars per person per night.
This includes all transfers -- RCCL picks you up at the airport, takes you to the hotel, then the next day they pick you up at the hotel and take you to the cruise terminal, etc.

They also go ahead and check your luggage into your cabin ahead of time, supposedly making the check-in process faster. Sounds great! Will it actually BE great? LOL Well, i guess we'll find out!
Old 03-19-2003, 07:28 AM

I'm so glad I live in Florida, talk about convenience.....

Amy
Old 03-21-2003, 02:14 PM

I stayes at the Fountainbleu before, AWESOME place! Five-stars!

By the way, when is your cruise? I'm going on the Majesty May 12-16!!!

Closed Thread