Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 05:39 PM

hi everybody, been gone awhile but now I have a question? Wanting to go on the freedom next year but have read so many reviews about how bad it is. TOOOOOOOOOOOO many people, standing in line alot, to big of a ship for feeling important.and the list goes on and on.Something else is the deparkation is terrible any tips for that?. I went on Conguest last year and thought about trying something big, mostly for my son is the water park. Want to go out to a club but the reveiws said it was so crowded you coul not move let alone get a table. So guy, HELP ME OUT PLEASE!!!!!!! Thanks
Old 02-04-2008, 05:39 PM

hi everybody, been gone awhile but now I have a question? Wanting to go on the freedom next year but have read so many reviews about how bad it is. TOOOOOOOOOOOO many people, standing in line alot, to big of a ship for feeling important.and the list goes on and on.Something else is the deparkation is terrible any tips for that?. I went on Conguest last year and thought about trying something big, mostly for my son is the water park. Want to go out to a club but the reveiws said it was so crowded you coul not move let alone get a table. So guy, HELP ME OUT PLEASE!!!!!!! Thanks
Old 02-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Administrator

I don't know which reviews you have read but I can tell you from first hand experience that the Freedom and the Liberty both offer wonderful cruises. I never felt crowded and passenger flow is the best I've ever seen on any ship. Despite the size of these vessels they definitely don't feel that way as far as I am concerned. We never had a problem getting a table anywhere. I feel that many reviews are written by people who let one or two minor issues color the whole review, which leads them to bashing the ship and cruise in general.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:00 PM

I'm in agreement with Dave. While it is a HUGE ship, we never felt crowded. See it for yourself & then be your own judge. Everyone has their own opinion & how they see things. Make your own decision & get out there!!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-04-2008, 06:04 PM

Thanks cruise guru, I will just be spending alot of money for this cruise and I did not want the experience to make me feel like a bunch of cattle being herded. I have been to different cruise review sites like cruise critic among others and I know there are always overly critical people that can never be satisfied. I know that carnival gives pretty good upgrades, we went from upper deck to lido deck for nothing, plus carnival is cheaper to me on their balconies in the right time of year. So thank you for your answer it helps me feel better.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:05 PM

Thanks Alleygirl
Old 02-04-2008, 06:19 PM

I just returned from a cruise on 1/27 on FOS. I loved it, can't think of anything bad to say. Crowds were manageable, staff was friendly, beautiful, clean ship. You won't regret booking a cruise on this ship!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Administrator

quote:
I have been to different cruise review sites like cruise critic among others

We tend to be more thoughtful here and try to not be irrational when things on a cruise don't go the way we expected - which is how things often seem to be on those other websites.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:31 PM

I can't speak from first hand experience on either ship yet. However, I have had several dozen of clients sail each and I get reviews back after each clients sailing and I read them along with the review trends for the various ships in the industry. I can tell you that with few exceptions these ships have recieved the highest of praise, especially from families with children. There are some who hate lage ships and they should certainly stay away from these ships. I recall one regular here who calls them the "Blight of the Seas Class". There is, in my opinion no better class of ship for a family. So much to do and so varried. The adults have entertainment options and venues geared toward them, the kids do as well and many hoices that are appealing to the whole family. Like the ices shows, the best entertainment on the seas! The Promenade with the parade is another highlight. There will be times when it will be evident that there are a lot of people and crowds may be a challenge, like the parade night. Disembarkation is a lot more of a challenge for the cruiseline to pull of seamlessly with this many guests. Most of the issues that come up at such peak times are related to people who refuse to follow instructions. If you wait for the announcement for when you're supposed to head down and everyone else did the same there would be no issues. Those who want to bend the rules because they booked their flight too close to the time of the ships return, who want off now regardless for whatever reason can make it a problem for everyone. Get around a few such clowns and you'll write a poor review too. But it shouldn't be directed at the cruiseline but at the people who created the situation that stopped the smooth flow.

Cheers, Neil
Old 02-04-2008, 07:21 PM

Thanks all of you. I will go ahead and bool freedom. After i read those other reviews i got a little leary and sad because i was so exited about the freedom, but thanks to you all I feel confident now.

Closed Thread

Tags
12, carribbean, carribean, freedom, houston, negative, nov, people, port, reviews, royal, royalcarribeanfreedom, sail, seas, ship