Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2008, 07:52 AM
Does any one know if WE would be able to book a future cruise for one of our children (she's an adult)while on OUR own cruise. In other words, could we book THEIR cruise, and they'd receive the same onboard credit as we would if booking for ourselves. Can someone book a cruise for someone else, and make a deposit? We're on Mariner this Sept, and we've already booked for next year on Liberty in Sept., and they've expressed an interest in going along. I wondered if we could book their cabin for them while we're crusing (If there were any restrictions about booking for another person)

Need some cruise help?
Old 05-29-2008, 08:48 AM

I THINK the only way you can book for someone else and have them get the same perks as if they were booking themselves is to book a cabin for yourself at the same time. The onboard credit is one of the perks meant to entice folks on the cruise to book a future cruise while still onboard. If your kid is not sailing with you on the Mariner, they may let you book him/her onto your Liberty cruise, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't offer him/her the onboard credit.

Sandy
Old 05-29-2008, 09:59 AM
Administrator

I looked at my current "Next Cruise" booking. Here is one of the conditions:

5. Full Names are required at time of booking. Changes to the reservation may be permitted, subject to availability and any other restrictions and applicable cancellation charges. At least one name on the original booking must remain the same.

Looking at this, it would appear you can make a booking for someone else. But they may have other rules which don't appear on the actual booking documentation.

However, if you read the press release about the Next Cruise option, the wording implies the program is for people who are actually on a cruise when they make the booking.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:59 AM
I think I understand the "Next Cruise Booking"-what I was going to do was actually book a particular cruise and pay the normal deposit for them, reservea cabin, etc.
Would that make a difference?
This is all "just a thought" at this time....

Need some cruise help?
Old 05-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Oh. In that case I think Sandy may be right. I'd call the C&A desk and ask.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:09 PM

C&A Desk...

800-526-9723
or 888-437-1953

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-29-2008, 05:34 PM
Administrator

I was looking for Sonny to respond on this question since he has more experience with onboard bookings.

It makes sense. The onboard credit perk is to entice people currently aboard to book another cruise for themselves. Otherwise, I could write up a list of friends who wanted to cruise, go on my cruise, and then make the bookings for my friends.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:51 PM

I just got off the Monarch last weekend. I did a onboard deposit of $100 for a future cruise, yet to be determined. They said it was good for a lifetime. They also gave me 2 others vouchers, to give to 2 different other parties. The vouchers state "with our new onboard booking program you can secure the great offer of up to $200 per stateroom onboard credit. Simply select the same ship and sailing date as the guest who supplied the certificate." ..."within 30 days and mention your certificate number or call..." It does say you have to mail the original certificate to RCCL. "Allow up to 5 business days for onboard credit to be applied to booking. The booking will be crossed referenced with the master booking. Guest forfeits the onboard credit if at any time the master booking cancels." Is this something new? The last time I cruised, Freedom 06, they didn't have the future cruise deposit. I'm glad they did this. I think it's kinda fun. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-29-2008, 05:57 PM
Administrator

Hi Lori,

For the yet to be determined future cruise deal - called "NextCruise" - they started doing it in December 2006.

What you describe is a unique way to lock up some extra bookings for those who take advantage of the NextCruise option. Plus you hold the keys to whoever gets the certificates. They are hosed if you cancel. Hmmm. Not sure I'd like that!

Old 05-29-2008, 06:16 PM

I meant to edit but ended up deleting my message. I was saying they couldn't get an onboard credit, even if you booked for them while on a cruise. However, if they are going on a cruise with you in the future, you can book a cabin in your name and another cabin in your wife's name. Your cabin would have someone else with you, and your wife would have your daughter in her cabin. You just change the name in the cabins at the pier on the day of the cruise.

Closed Thread

Tags
booking, caribbean, cruise, excursions, future, onboard, royal, sailing