Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2007, 11:43 AM

Wondering what excursions you would recommend and which are actually worth the money! Thank you!
(This is our first cruise!)
Old 11-30-2007, 06:27 PM
Just about everybody on this site will agree that Sting Ray City at Grand Cayman is a MUST do. Way worth the money spend!
We weren't impressed with Ocho Rios, so we spent the day on board. I'm sure someone else will give you more ideas for that port.
Have a GREAT time!!

Need some cruise help?
Old 11-30-2007, 08:34 PM

We are going to Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman in January on the Navigator...in Ocho Rios, we will be doing the Canopy Tour (Zip Line through the rainforest!). From what I've read and heard, an excursion through the ship may be the best and safest way to go at this port. If you go through the ship, you will bypass anything that may be "unsafe" or annoying.

Have fun on your first cruise--but beware--you will become addicted!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-01-2007, 12:43 PM

Thank you SO much! I have heard that Ocho Rios isn't very nice...and we have a young one so I am thinking I might just stay on the ship! My husband did want to do the Canopy glide...he is very adventurous! We have heard to stay away from Dolphin Cove in Jamaica (as they are very expensive and not worth your money!) I will definitely schedule Stingray City in the Caymans! I am very excited! Thanks so much for all of your help!
Old 12-02-2007, 09:08 AM

My first cruise was to the Western Caribbean as well and I loved it! Sting Ray City at Grand Cayman was one of the highlights of the trip. I enjoyed the tour of the turtle farm too.

In Ocho Rios, we opted to be on our own and go into town and do some shopping. In hindsight, I would have opted for another snorkel excursion of some type. I fell in love with snorkeling and with cruising on this trip!

I felt very uneasy the entire time I was shopping in Ocho Rios. It seemed the sales people in the stores were too pushy. Many would grab your hand and try to lead you to look at merchandise and seemed to say "Lady, Lady, Lady, Look Lady". In one store, I guess they overheard my name and then it was "Debbie, Debbie, Debbie, Look Debbie".

My advise for a fun-filled cruise is to get involved in all the on-board activities. Let your hair down, don't be shy and get involved and you will really have a blast.

Have fun!
Old 12-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Depending on how old your little one is...the turtle farm on Grand Caymen is also another nice tour to take....These are endangered Green Sea turtles and the farm raises them for food, but more importantly, they release many back into the wild....it has been rebuilt in the last few years after being destroyed in one of the hurricanes.....Happy sailing, and yes, you will become addicted....but it's a GOOD addiction.....

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carribean, cruise, excursians, excursion, excursions, excursioons, jamaca, jamaica, ocho, ochos, reviews, rios, royal, sea, turtle