Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2007, 05:27 PM

That's very probable, Dave.

Sandy, Good information. Is there someone who should be credited for that article or did you write it?
Old 06-03-2007, 06:12 PM

One more suggestion..

We always use the sanitizer the ship provides before entering the dining areas. However, since many people don't bother to use them, I also carry a little bottle of the sanitizer. After visiting the buffet line, we cleanse our hands again. Many people have touched those ladles before us!

Nadine
Old 06-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Wash your hands, Wash your hands and wash them again.....Should be an 11th Commandment...Thou Shall Wash your Hands after being in the bathroom....

Bob E
Old 06-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Good point Dave. Do you think maybe the Navy ships has a lot of stainless steel and not all the fancy places for the virus to breed as in a cruise ship? We were on the ship 4 days before it hit my husband. We thought he drank the ice in port and had the M.R. but after 24 hours I got it and then we knew what it was. I'm sure we got it from someone on board. Highly contagious for sure. No Casanova the Pride goes out of Long Beach to the Mexican Rivera. And thanks TRV for the sympathy. Would it stop me from cruising again? Nope cause I look at it this way. After 6 cruises and never a problem then the odds are in my favor to go another 6 maybe without ever having a touch of the sickness again. I just wonder how many cases on board before it triggers an "episode". I do use sanitizers and always wash my hands several times a day and always wash after leaving a restroom...thats just plane nasty not to do so.
2004 Esctasy CATALINA-MEXIC0
2005 NCL SAN FRANCISCO
2006 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2007 Pride MEXICAN RIVIERA
2008 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2008 Destiny SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
2009 Liberty EASTERN CARIBBEAN
2010 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2011 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2012 Crown Princess EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN
Old 06-03-2007, 08:09 PM

Quote:
I just wonder how many cases on board before it triggers an "episode".
The CDC is involved and with frequently recurring problems on a specific ship they take drastic action. Ryndam was the most recent to have CDC take over. After 3 back to back sailings with numbers in the hundred combined sick they delayed the next sailing several hours for a supervised cleaning, disinfection process. That sailing had another smaller outbreak. They kept it a full 24 hours with a more irgorous process including all ducts, vents, everything. There has not to my knowledge been another case since. I had clients booked on both and there was a prepared letter I read to each before they sailed. HAL did the right thing and offered full refunds for anyone concerned enough not to sail. Along with the offer of compensation for air. If they sailed they got very small compensation for the delays but all my people sailed and none got sick.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-03-2007, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Sandy, Good information. Is there someone who should be credited for that article or did you write it?
I didn't write it; actually no one wrote it as is. It's an edited and rearranged version of an article.

Sandy
Old 06-03-2007, 09:44 PM
Banned

Oh! I gotta go!
Old 06-04-2007, 07:47 AM

We had a T V programme on this some years ago, and in one bowl of peanuts at the bar they found,23 different peoples urine and faceas on the peanuts left in the bowl in microscopic amounts, these sorts of bugs need some way of being ingested, and will affect the old and very young or weak first, so if you see someone in the buffet line handling the food tell them in a loud voice to use the grips, or eat in the restaurant, its as various people have said basic hygene, regards Di O Rea
Old 06-04-2007, 08:05 AM
Banned

One of the filthiest places on earth is the movie theater (yes, even the ones on the cruise ship). Those seat cushions house bacteria, all kinds of foreign materials, including minute particles of fecal material (from some kid, or big kid, firing the pants cannon into the cushion). Most theaters have the seat that pops up when you leave, so you use your hand to push it down, which of course, transfers foreign materials to your hand, which gets transferred to that big 'ol bucket of popcorn you all are sharing. That's why I rent the movie.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by goin' cruisin':
One of the filthiest places on earth is the movie theater (yes, even the ones on the cruise ship). Those seat cushions house bacteria, all kinds of foreign materials, including minute particles of fecal material (from some kid, or big kid, firing the pants cannon into the cushion). Most theaters have the seat that pops up when you leave, so you use your hand to push it down, which of course, transfers foreign materials to your hand, which gets transferred to that big 'ol bucket of popcorn you all are sharing. That's why I rent the movie.
Was gonna go to the new "Pirates" movie, but I might wait for the DVD now. I don't know why but I keep chuckling everytime I see "pants cannon".

Closed Thread

Tags
case, cold, costs, cruise, en, flu, hand, line, mexico, norovirus, panadol, puerto, quarantine, rico, ship