Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2007, 05:44 PM

I am trying to book a return flight home. I am on the Mariner in October and there is a 1:30 flight home. Anyone think this is enough time? I am unfamiliar with the time it takes to get your luggage and get the shuttle and get back to the airport- the last thing I wanna do is miss a flight home!
Old 04-21-2007, 06:54 PM

It's way more time than you'll need. You should be at the airport by noon. It's a 10 minute ride from the port to the airport. You'll be able to enjoy a good breakfast in the dining room before you get off the ship.

Sonny
Old 04-21-2007, 08:22 PM

Well i am actually flying out of orlando and cruising into port canaveral- i thought the airport was about an hour away- should i fly in somewhere else closer?
Old 04-22-2007, 06:57 AM
Administrator

candi, that may be cutting it close, but I'm really unsure. I'd suggest checking with the cruise line as to the earliest time you should book. Are you taking the cruise line shuttle, or SuperShuttle? If you are taking the shuttle offered by the cruise line, they might indicate earliest flight times in the fine print.

Yes, you are correct in that the transfer to the airport takes about an hour.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:09 AM

We just cruised from Port Canaveral and they moved our flight up to noon which made us very nervous. hubby had flown out of Orlando recently and said they are now advising a 2 hour window. So we were a little nervous. They started disembarking at about 7:50... We had gone to the guest relations people on the second day and gotten luggage tags that ensured we were some of the first people off. There are only a set number of them and some people did not get theirs...they are supposed to be "reserved" for people with flights before noon. We were the third group off and were in the car driving to the airport by 8:30. We arrived in plently of time ...we had to stand in several lines (bagage and security and lunch) but still ended up sitting at the gate for close to an hour. 1 should be fine.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 04-22-2007, 01:15 PM

For piers near the airport like Miami & Ft Lauderdale cruiseline guidelines are usually to leave at least a 4 hour window at each end. For ports like Galveston and Port Canaveral where there is add'l ground transportation time needed 5 hours is usually fine. I called in for transfers for RCI Liberty of the Seas recently and they have stretched those times (post cruise) to 5 1/2 if flying into FLL and cruising from Miami. They're having some issues getting 4500 pax off the sips in time to meet flights. Seems everybody is requesting priority disembarkation now days. If you come in early don't head to the pier in order to be early for check-in. The line is longest when check-in opens. Give it an extra hour or better and the line will be a LOT shorter. Be near the pier, just grab a cup of coffee or the beverage of your choice near by.

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread