Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2006, 10:20 AM

Just returned from Explorer of the Sea with two boys ages 8 & 9. What a great ship!! We loved the promenade deck with the shops and ice cream. There was so much entertainment you can't do everything. Don't miss the ice show.

I had read that the food was not very good. The food in the dining room every night was top notch. Our waiter was Peterson and Cyndy and they took very good care of us all. We did go to the adult restaurant for $20.00 per person one night and it was well worth the money.
The buffet did get boring by the end of the week but we could have eaten in the dining room for more of a variety but the buffet was the easiest.
We did purchase the wine package. It was so relaxing to have a bottle of wine every night with dinner.

We loved everything about the ship and would sail on it again.

The Port Review:

First stop Belize. We booked cave tubing thru Reggie's Cave Tubing and it was great! There are some shallow spots and people had to pick up their tubes but with Reggie's tour you hook legs and he'll say butts up and pull you thru the shallow water. You can purchase lunch for $5.00 and it is GOOD.

Costa Maya was next. We booked the Mayan Ruins with Ivan and Dave. If you want to see the ruins do this tour. Ivan was the last mayan born there and he will tell you all about the mayan people. What a great day!This was my husband's favorite tour.

Cozumel was next and we did the Atalantis submarine tour. We went 125 feet deep. I called Atlantis and booked thru them. Depending on where you dock it will be a 5 minute walk or 5 minute taxi. This was my boy's favorite. The reef is full of fish.

Last was Grand Cayman. We did snorkeling and sting ray sand bar with Captain Marvin. This was my favorite. A few people were feeding the fish and there were fish everywhere. Some rays were 6 feet long.

I would highly recommend these tours!!!!!!!!!!
Diana
Old 05-15-2006, 07:10 AM

Thank you for your review Diana, so glad to hear that you enjoyed your cruise and the ship. Best wishes!!
Old 05-16-2006, 12:34 PM

Thanks so much for the review! My husband and I just sailed Explorer on the Eastern side, but are looking at doing the Western side next year...sounds like the tours were great!

Closed Thread

Tags
wwwatalantissubmarinetour