Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2008, 03:05 PM

We are trying to plan our next cruise,& we wants to see the Maya Ruins. There are Maya ruins in Yucatum (progreso) Mexico, Belize and in Costa Maya . Which one is the largest and has the most to offer ? We are planning our cruise around the ruins , since my husband has wanted to see this for many years. Thanks for any info .
Old 06-15-2008, 03:05 PM

We are trying to plan our next cruise,& we wants to see the Maya Ruins. There are Maya ruins in Yucatum (progreso) Mexico, Belize and in Costa Maya . Which one is the largest and has the most to offer ? We are planning our cruise around the ruins , since my husband has wanted to see this for many years. Thanks for any info .
Old 06-15-2008, 03:51 PM

From Costa Maya, The Chacchoben Ruins are easily accessible. From Progresso it's the Dzibilchaltun ruins. The most popular of the ruins sites is probably Tulum accessible from Cozumel or Cancun. Belize has ten different Mayan attractions varrying distances from the port.

I'm sure there will be many cruisers here with different experiences and opinions on each. With the info above you should be able to do a little homework on what would be best for you and what you want to do and see.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-15-2008, 04:12 PM

Hey Linda. I responded to your private message. Hopefully, other people will have good ideas too. Good luck Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-15-2008, 07:39 PM
If you get to Progresso, take the 2 hour bus ride to Chichen Itza...it's by far the best of the Yucatan ruins with Tulume being second at Cozumel...Chichen Itza is on the new 7 Wonders of the modern World list.....I've been to the majority of the ruins and I keep going back for more....Happy Cruising.....

Bob E
Old 06-16-2008, 06:27 AM

I've only visited Tulum. They were fascinating ruins in a beautiful setting.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:28 AM

We visited the Chacchoben Ruins at Costa Maya a couple years ago. These are the only ruins we have visited and we thoroughly enjoyed the tour. My husband became captivated with the Mayan culture after visiting there.

The nice thing about those ruins is that they are relatively close to the port. We were told by other cruisers that Tulum and some of the other ruins involved all day trips.

Since this was our only Ruins experience, I can't offer a comparsion for you, but thought I would let you know of our experience.

Nadine
Old 06-17-2008, 06:50 PM
If you are in Cozumel, Tulum isn't more than 40 minute bus ride from Playa Del Carma....It's worth the trip....but I still vote for Chicen Itza...Happy cruising...

Bob E
Old 06-18-2008, 07:15 AM

Thanks for all the info, it has been very helpful.I didn't realize at first that there were so many different areas that had the sites.We booked a cruise that goes to Progreso and we will see the site at Chichen Itza.

Closed Thread

Tags
accssibility, chacchoben, costa, distances, maya, mex, port, progresso, ruins