Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2006, 05:10 PM

Someone mentioned on here that a couple could share a soda pass instead of buying two. I was wondering if my husband and I both went to get a soda at the same time and passed the card back and forth, if they would say something to us or do they care?

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 09-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Administrator

The rule is one card per person, and no sharing. If the rules are followed by the bar staff, you would not be allowed to pass the card to your husband in front of them and expect him to get a soda.

Forgive me if I appear to be a curmudgeon, but would it be any different if you paid for a lunch buffet, ate a plate of food, and then said you were done but your husband was taking your place?

Old 09-04-2006, 07:00 PM

Dave,
I know, that's what I thought too. But I read the tips that "roxysmom" posted from her experience and I was just wondering if anyone else had tried doing that.

Linda

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 09-04-2006, 07:43 PM

Wesnlin, I agree with dave on this issue. It's alway best to follow rules. It's those who don't that make it bad for the rest of us. If someone took a drink of your soda, it would be different than sharing your card with someone. At least that's my opinion. Dave, isn't curmudgeon being a little harsh on yourself?

Sonny

Old 09-04-2006, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave56:
The rule is one card per person, and no sharing. If the rules are followed by the bar staff, you would not be allowed to pass the card to your husband in front of them and expect him to get a soda.

Forgive me if I appear to be a curmudgeon, but would it be any different if you paid for a lunch buffet, ate a plate of food, and then said you were done but your husband was taking your place?

what does curmudgeon mean? big word. i want to use it to make me feel smart and others around me feel like imbeciles
Old 09-04-2006, 08:33 PM

u can always get your pop and then give it to ur hubby whos sitting sum where and go up to the bar and get another 1. i do it for my friends. as long as u dont get 2 at once, or hand off ur card right in front of their face
Old 09-04-2006, 09:25 PM

17andacruiseaddict, curmudgeon is someone that is disagreeable, argumentative, or just plain stubborn and full of resentment. Using the work isn't going to make you feel any smarter, nor should it make anyone around you feel like imbeciles. Did it make you feel that way when you read it? Buy the way, how does it make you feel when you break rules, or encourage other people to do it?

Old 09-05-2006, 06:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by wesnlin:
Dave,
I know, that's what I thought too. But I read the tips that "roxysmom" posted from her experience and I was just wondering if anyone else had tried doing that.

Linda
Actually I think RCCL doesn't issue separate soda cards but instead they put a sticker on your cruise card. No doubt to cut down on soda card abuse. Carnival issues a separate card. They ought to take a hint from RCCL.

But RCCL also gives soda card purchasers a souvenir cup (while supplies last) and if the person uses the cup they don't have to show their card. Personally I think the soda card thing is not really a big bargain for adults. Adult cards cost more and I think I did the math once and one would have to drink over 40 soda card sodas in a 7 day cruise to break even when compared to buying soda by the 12 oz can. I based this on an average 6 ounce serving of fountain soda .

Old 09-05-2006, 06:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by SONNYV:
Dave, isn't curmudgeon being a little harsh on yourself?

Sonny
I was going to use another word but this is a family forum!

Old 09-05-2006, 09:02 AM

Dave-

I agree with your math.. I think I worked it out to be about that. I got the soda card the first time I ran across it (Previous cruises, back in the "olden days" soda was included...) then realized that between the adult bevies and juices in the morning, there wasn't enough time to drink enough sodas to pay for the card.

I don't feel you are out of line saying that its wrong to "double up" on a card. Its that attitude that makes it so expensive for the rest of us. Soda used to be included in the cruise price. But too many people probably wasted the soda and left have drank glasses all over the ship. So, they decided to make it an extra cost thing. Had people only asked for what they could drink, then the cruise lines may not have had to change things. They should include sodas with the meals though. They include coffee, why not soda. Or they should allow so many sodas on your account and then charge for extras... but my saying it is not going to change things since they have already discovered a revenue stream and its like the government.. we only create new taxes.. we never stop asking for old taxes.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013

Closed Thread

Tags
buy, caribbean, carnival, carribean, freedom, halfway, includes, liberty, pass, pop, royal, seas, shows, soda, tea