Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2006, 08:11 PM

Traveling on Majesty of the Seas this weekend. Are you allowed to bring your own bottled water and snacks? I know alcohol is not allowed, but curious about other stuff.
Thanks!
Old 07-03-2006, 08:14 PM

Not sure why you'd want the snacks, unless you have dietary restrictions, as there sure is plenty of food onboard! I've carried a small bottle of water and a couple snack bars (for use on the planes to get there & back) onboard with no problem. I think if you had a whole 12-pack you'd get a hassle.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:12 PM

You may want to bring refillable water bottles aboard. You can fill them in the Windjammer. Karen has a point about snacks. There will be a ton of food, unless you're talking about chips and candy bars. Go ahead a fill a suite case with junk food if you need to. They won't hassle you. Have a great cruise!
Old 07-03-2006, 09:38 PM

We cruised the Empress to Bermuda (5/06). A young couple in front of us carried a case of
water on board and not a word was said. His
wife pulled the carry on bags and he carried
the water. I don't think you will have a
problem. Have fun.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:47 AM

We just got back from Majesty on the Sea. There is food and snacks availalbe all the time. We bought the free soda/lemonade/water refill mugs and kept those filled while on the ship. I didn't want to carry three bottles of water around with us when we were on shore and try to keep them cold, so we each bought a bottle of water on shore to drink and took a couple breaks during the day to get something to drink if we were thirsty. We had an inside state room and they don't have refrigerators, so if we had brought water on board they would have been warm. When you are on Cocoa Cay, the food and non alcoholic drinks are free. On Key West, there are many fun places to stop and have a drink. Nassau might be the only stop that you would want to carry a water around with you.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:12 AM

We sailed on the Serenade on the 18th. I carried a 12pack of Diet Dr. Pepper on for my wife. Nothing was said, just ran it thru the metal detector. Snacks were no problem either. I do bring zip lock bags to get me a cookie stash from the windjammer.

Read and post cruise reviews

Enchantment 2007
Serenade 2006
Majesty 2006
Sovereign 2004
Sovereign 2003
Sovereign 2002
Old 07-07-2006, 01:56 AM

If traveling from a port in US I routinely take a case of water on board in a duffle. I've never had a problem. By the end of the week, the water is gone and I've got an empty duffle for treasures acquired in ports. I also bring a few individually wrapped packets of nuts in case I get the munchies on shore and don't want to waste time stopping. I also cannot leave port without a huge bouquet of flowers for the room...large toss away vase is also in duffle. Enjoy!
Old 07-08-2006, 12:25 AM

After I get settled I go to a local grocery store and get anything I may want. This is far cheaper then on board. Only get a few snacks as there is ample and better food around. You can save a bundle by buying soda, water, and even alcohol in port. Limit alcohol purchases to one or two bottles. Normally crew will not object to this, just don't bring a few 30's or a handle. Enjoy the cruise.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:54 PM

Don't bother buying any alcohol if you intend to drink it on board. They can, and usually will, confiscate it and return it to you at the end of your cruise. Some people pack their suitcase with a bottle or two and get away with it.

Closed Thread

Tags
alcohol, bottled, bring, brling, can, caribbean, carribean, case, cruise, royal, snack, snacks, soda, sodas, taking, water