Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 05:54 PM

Has anyone been on her lately??

Has anyone been to Chops Grille or Portofino Italian Restaurant??? Is it wroth the eztra money??

Any goods or bads on the ship??

Is 7 Years old...Is that old for a ship??
Old 01-22-2010, 03:32 AM

Hi Dalton,
We were on the Serenade last March. Prior to that had only been on Voyager class ships.

I now consider her one of my favorite ships. She was in great shape when we were on her and the crew was constantly performing maintenance to keep her spruced up (small things like touching up the paint and woodwork)

We did miss the Royal Promenade but other than that it was perhaps the best cruise we have taken.

We went to both Chops and Portofinos. Both were good. Actually had steak at Portofinos and it was one of the best I have ever had. Chops was not as good.

There is a cafe on the aft upper decks (the name escapes me right now - Seaview Cafe??) Anyway they make the best Reubens.

We also really liked the Solarium on this ship.

She's a great vessel and I can't wait to go on the class again.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:47 AM

I was on the Brilliance of the Seas in December. The Seaview Cafe is a nice. I think a lot of people didn't know it was there. They didn't have Reubens on the Brilliance. I would have remembered that since I love them so much. They did have tasty food there though. It was mostly salads, pizzas, and paninis. The Brilliance is a sister ship to the Serenade. I loved the Brilliance and thought it was the perfect size ship. I also liked all the glass windows and elevators, and the rich wood look on the ship. One unique amenity on the Brilliance and Serenade is the self-leveling pool tables.

Closed Thread

Tags
reviews, seas, serenade