Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2008, 05:38 PM

I am going on the July 7th cruise out of Miami. I have a few questions. A couple of years ago my parents went on a RCI cruise and they purchased the soda plan. Can I reuse their mugs or do I have to buy new ones? Second, one of the stops is in Key West, Fl...I had booked the Old Town Trolly exercusion. Then I found their website and it says that by booking with the cruise I can't get off the trolly. Is this true? Is it then better to book with Old Town Trolly directly so I can actually SEE Key West up close instead from inside a trolly?
Susan
Old 03-02-2008, 09:05 PM

On the first day of the cruise you buy the soda package and the mug is free. I'm sure it's cost is built into the price anyway. However; they change the mugs. I was just on the Navigator and the mug was totally different then one from a couple years ago.
Sorry I've never booked the trolly.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:13 PM

IF YOU BRING AN OLD SODA CUP, WOULDN'T THAT BE LIKE STEALING?
Old 03-02-2008, 10:14 PM

I've used an old mug for ice water; there's nothing wrong with that. I couldn't get it filled with free soda even if I wanted to, because it's a different styled mug. The soda package is about $6 a day for all the soda you care to drink. I prefer ice tea or lemonaide, so I don't buy the soda package for myself.

Sonny
Old 03-03-2008, 06:06 AM
Banned

To they have "beer cups"?
Old 03-03-2008, 06:59 AM

Sorry, you'll have to bring one from home. If you can get a free re-fill let me know.

Sonny
Old 03-03-2008, 08:40 AM

I don't know if it's true that you can't get off the trolly if you book with the ship. When we were in Key West in January, we took the conch train from the dock to town. They have a tour that leaves about every 15 minutes from downton on the conch train. We didn't take the tour, just walked around town. We bought so many souvineers on the first run into town we had to go back to the ship to drop them off. Then we went back and had some conch fritters (you have to try them) and a piece of key lime pie at the Blond Giraffe. We went into most of the shops on Duvall, walked around Mallory Square, and had a couple of Margaritas before returning the the ship. I think the tour on the train is 1 1/2 hours which will give you plenty of time to roam around. There are also lots of vehicle rentals available with plenty of road side vendors to rent them to you. Have a wonderful time!
Old 03-03-2008, 05:40 PM

Thanks for the advice about the soda...like Sonny V, I'm not much of a soda drinker. I would prefer lemondade or ice tea.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Banned

I did leave the Constellation a few beer mugs short. I felt that I needed them for ballast in my suitcases so the porters couldn't throw them. Is that a bad thing?

Closed Thread

Tags
bahamas, caribbean, cruise, line, package, questions, reviews, soda