Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2007, 06:24 PM

Hello all!

Well I finally booked a cruise for my fiance and I. I called RCI on November 1st and had an email confirmation sent to me about the booking. However, when should I be expecting something in the mail?

Thing is, we planned our cruise WAY in advance. It's for January 4 - 18, 2009. I have never booked a cruise that far out and don't know when do expect anything by mail.

If someone could inform me I would appreciate it. Thanks again!

Samantha
Old 11-11-2007, 06:38 PM

It depends on whether you requested eDocs or a spiral booklet thingie. If it's eDocs you will recieve nothing by mail. Everything is electronic. If it's the spiral thingie, it'll come about 3 weeks or more before your sailing date depending on how fast the sailing fills. I use only eDocs and prefer them. As an agent, our agency has links on the confirmation you recieve (by email) for everything from registering online to booking shore excursions. You can do exactly the same things from their website but you have to navigate or know where to look. You out a little to far to have to worry about this stuff yet or be able to do most of it. I doubt they have even made vendor contracts for excursion yet.

When it comes time, a good time would be about 2 1/2 to 3 months before you cruise, do the following...

1. Go to www.royalcaribbean.com
2. There is a row of tabs across the top and one says "Before You Board". Put your cursor over it.
3. Click on either "Shore Excursions" or "Online Registration".
4. Once you've registered you'll be able to print what they call a "Set Sail Pass". That's your boarding pass and all you need other than you passport to board the ship quickly and without filling out forms at the pier.

Cheers, Neil
Old 11-11-2007, 07:14 PM

TrvlPro,

Just for the record...I got my docs recently for my upcoming cruise on the Adventure on December 9th and they are no longer using the spiral thingies...they now just have a stapled binder.

Take care,

Brad

Old 11-11-2007, 07:20 PM

Thanks for the updated info. I've been eDocs only for years now. I'm one of those who doesn't resist such changes I embrace them. The eDoc revolution is saving the cruiselines $$$millions of dollars in printing, handling and shipping costs each year. That, to me translates into lower cost cruising! Bring on the eDocs and save me a little more on my next cruise!

Cheers, Neil
Old 11-11-2007, 07:23 PM

Hey Brad, I just noticed you said you're sailing Adventure next month. I just got off it last month. You're in for a great cruise. Great ship, very good staff and exceptional itinerary.

Give us a report when you get back, would love to hear about your cruise.

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread

Tags
booked, booking, caribean, carnival, confirmation, cruise, edocs, email, letter, line, long, mail, nextcruise, norwegian, orbitz, sends